New Step...Wow!

Kellie

I just got my new full-sized step delivered yesterday from The Step Company. I've been using a small step I bought from Target about 4 years ago. I didn't realize how small it was until I tried the new step last night while doing Step Fit. This is the Cathe video I know the best since I've been doing it for about 3 months (I'm new). That new step made an ENORMOUS difference in my workout. I just wanted to quit in the middle because I was so exhausted. You need a lot more energy to get over that step. Another plus was that it was much easier doing flying angels and other moves on this step. I feel like I lost 5 pounds last night! Definitely worth the extra money! Whew, I'm sore.

Boy, can I relate. I was also using that smaller step for a while. Compared to that smaller step, the full size step felt SO much longer, especially when you "go over the top."

But, I love it!

I used that small step too, for a long time. Couldn't figure out why I never really enjoyed step! Then my Mom gave me the real thing for a Christmas gift, and I haven't looked back since!

Hi,

Where can you buy that step (for the best price) and what's the going rate???

Thanks!

Linda

I'd also like to know where the best place is to buy the full size step and the best price. I use a Bodyshaping step and it really isn't big enough. I want to maximize my workout with a bigger step. TIA

Does anybody know the best place to buy a full sized step. I have been looking but have not found any really good sales.

I just broke down and ordered a full size step from www.fitnesswholesale.com for $74.95. I got frustrated trying to find a bargain. I really need the full size to get maximum results from Cathe. Oh well, can't wait to get stepping full speed ahead!!!

$74.95???? Hmmm... that's pretty pricey... I don't know if that would be worth it, really... The one I have now is pretty good except that with some of the moves you have to be careful that you stay on the step!! It WOULD be nice to have a full sized one, but for $75.00??? I don't know.... Let me know after you get it if you feel it was worth it... THANKS!!

Linda

Even thought it's expensive, I think getting the full-size step is worth it if you can afford it. I really resisted getting it a few years ago and my husband bought it as a surprise for me and I am so glad he did. It is probably the most used piece of fitness equipment that I own. I had a small, inexpensive Kathy Ireland step before and my husband had built me a small platform to raise the height, but the full-size step made a huge difference.
Erica

Hey Linda!

I agree with Erica. My fullsize step made all the difference in my workouts. I was always concerned with falling off my shorter step before. (Now, I have to worry about getting over it!!LOL!!:7) If you can afford it, go for it. You won't be disappointed. Also, watch garage sales. I guess several of the gals here have found them there or at resale shops. Keep your eyes open and hopefully you can get one cheaper. I'll let you know if I see one for a better price. I shouldn't tell you this, but I got mine for $20.00 at Sam's Club when they were discontinuing them!! What a deal. I was in Heaven! I doubt very much that any Sam's Club's would have any left but you could call just to check. GOOD LUCK!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hey Linda!

I agree, if you are going to spend money on a piece of fitness equipment, this is definitely the piece with which to do it. I bought my step 10 years ago. It was 90 dollars. I have gotten so much use out of it. It is as good as new too. If you are at eight inches on your step and your workout still does not seem intense enough, this is the best way to up your intensity. Your movements can be so much bigger and the over-the-tops (both ways) will be harder. Ok, have I sold you on the idea yet?

$20.00????? :-wow !!! You Bum!!! That's NO FAIR!!! LOL... Pls. let me know if you see one anywhere for around $50.00 or less... I just can't see paying more than that!

THANKS!!!

I know $74.95 is pricey but I have been in many sporting goods stores,Wal-Mart and K-Mart and have been unable to find the full sized step for any discounted price. I have been afraid of falling off my shorter step so I thought...why not just order the darn thing!

Anyway, I was just notified my step IS ON THE WAY!!! I cannot wait to try it. I will definitely let you know how things go. I am PSYCHED!!:-jumpy

RE: Hi there !

I just wanted to let you all know that keep your eyes open for bargains in the thrift stores, I found a used full size step in the Salvation Army for $2.00 and a brand new one in the original box never had been used with video included, risers too, for $10.00 and some change, I guess at this time of year you find more bargains, but be on the lookout for them, BTW I found both steps in two consecutive days about a month ago, I too was about to break down and about to order the steps on line, when I decided to check once more in these particular stores, and I lucked out that weekend, now my fitness partner and I can do the step aerobics together, and I can say I'm extremely pleased with the step, it does make a huge difference, I'm still getting used to the fact that now I have more room and it has maximize my step workouts.

Good luck in your search.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-22-01 AT 11:30PM (Est)[/font][p]I've been using a small step too, a Denise Austin styrofoam number that I bought so long ago I can't even remember! It's 6 inches high and not as wide as a real step, and since I started doing Cathe step a few months ago, I've worn it down so much that it feels like mush when I step on it.:(

But I just broke down and ordered a full-sized Reebok step, so I'm exited to hear what a big difference it will make!!! I bought a "refurbished" (used) step from a site called fitego.com for just $35! (with shipping it came to $64, though, and it only has one pair of risers, so can only get to 6 inches, which is fine for me, for now) Since I haven't received the Step, I can't recommend this website quite yet, but will let you guys know whether it's in good shape when I get it.

FYI, here's the link for the fitego site; the Step is way at the bottom of the list of items:
http://store.yahoo.com/fitego/index.html

Thanks atgood...

Please let me know the condition of the step when you get it... It sounds like you REALLY needed a new one!!! That's a good price except that the shipping costs are incredible!!! They seem a little extreme.

Linda

>Thanks atgood...
>
>Please let me know the condition
>of the step when you
>get it... It sounds like
>you REALLY needed a new
>one!!! That's a good price
>except that the shipping costs
>are incredible!!! They seem a
>little extreme.
>
>Linda

Yeah, I was shocked when I found out shipping cost. They actually called me up to get my OK and I almost said no, but am so desperate to get a real step. I'll let you know how it turns out.

WARNING: Don't buy a step from fitego.com!!!

Ladies,
Just wanted to issue a warning about buying a step--or anything!--from this company, which I mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm sorry I even mentioned them: they're TERRIBLE!

I just canceled my order for a re-conditioned Reebok step which they listed for sale on their website for $35. (if it sounds too good to be true...) Anyway, I had an awful experience with them on a number of fronts, but the worst thing was the shipping cost of nearly $30, which put the overall price at close to $65. I went ahead because that was still cheaper than I've seen the step elsewhere and I really want a full-size step. Then I never heard back from them! When I called today to check on the status of the order, they told me they were still trying to get Steps in stock--awful! I suggested they pull the item from the website if they don't actually have it, or at least indicate that it's on back order. When I checked the website a bit later, the item had been removed.

I'm sending an e-mail to the company president, and to Yahoo (they're certified as an offical Yahoo merchant).

Sorry to go on for so long, but just wanted to warn everyone!:(

maybe...

this is a blessing in disguise. I didn't want to say anything, since you had already ordered (and maybe it would have turned out alright,) but when I looked at the website and read the description, I had my doubts. I remeber when I used to take step classes at the Y, and it was hard to find a good step because they were all so well used. Many of them had very small tears, or the edges were sort of peeling up, or the little rubber things on the bottoms of the risers were missing...all of these things seem small, but I'm telling you, they can be not only frustrating to deal with, but actually dangerous! I hate a step that is not stable, and many people tripped on the peeling edges--you may be better off!
Sorry that whole situation happened :-(
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.