Need help with spinning bike

jackie7

Cathlete
I saw LifeSpan S1 Indoor Cycle Trainer at BJs for $225.( costco has it for 399). The box says spinning bike on it, but the web site doesn't call it that. So I am confused, is it a spinning bike or just a stationary bike? Also, do I need special shoes? Thanks

I don't know about the particular model you are talking about just a note on the word "spinning". Spinning is actually a trademarked word like Kleenex or Xerox. We still say we need a Kleenex even though in my household we use Puffs and are actually asking for a tissue. So a manufacturer that is not associated with Madd Dogg (who has registered the word "Spinning") they have to call their bike something else.

When I am teaching I am supposed to call it "Indoor Cycling" and I have the worst time remembering to say that. I always pause and trip over my words because the word Spinning is what we know the activity as.

I know this doesn't answer your particular question, but hopefully it helps in your search.

Yes, I would get bike shoes or spin shoes. My shoes work on all my bikes like my road bike (touring),mountian bike and my Proform.
The reasons are you will have a better grip on your feet to the bike like an extension plus you won't wear down your aerobic shoes. I would also suggest purchasing bike gloves, I use them on all my spin workouts, which I started in October. The towel thing doesn't work for me when your hands get dripping with sweat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.