My kids ROCK!!!

They've been bugging me about my present since mid November, saying it was a stroke of genius and will change my life. Well they were right! I am thrilled to the high heavens with what they got me. It's a turntable with a USB port!!! I can import my vinyl and listen to the music of my life, snaps, crackles, POPS and all!!! Jane Siberry, The Who, Jefferson Airplane, Frank Zappa...All of it is possible again!!! I'd say these Kids are coming along quite nicely!!!:7

Take Care
Laurie:)

Wow, that is a really cool gift. It was nice of them to really think hard about what to get you and not just skimp on some easy gift. That's great!

Well, BIG HUGS to them Laurie!! I think their Momma did a great job of raising such SMART kids!! Enjoy your gift!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

My mom got my BIL the same thing, Laurie! He was thrilled too!

Good for you!

Awesome kiddos you got there!:)

Well, colour me surprised! I had no idea such a device existed! That's super cool! Yes, you're doing a wonderful job, Laurie. Wonderful.

My oldest DD (7 yrs) made me a surprise lunch while I was doing my workout yesterday: pb & j sandwich on a whole wheat bun, an orange, a glass of milk, and 3 Hershey's kisses (she had to keep replacing these, as the toddler would eat them every time she set them on the plate).

Happy New Year! Have a great time dancing to all that old music!

Sandra

Wow! You still have a record player!! ;-) I agree that's a neat gift. I didn't know that existed either. Way to go for your kids!! Your post reminded me of a Tim McGraw song "Back When":

"I love my records
Black, shiny vinyl
Clicks and pops
And white noise
Man they sounded fine
I had my favorite stations
The ones that played them all
Country, soul and rock-and-roll
What happened to those times?"

Enjoy your new toy!! :D

Dallas

Laurie that is one awesome gift. I LOVE those snaps, crackles and POPS!!!! We got DH a record player last year esp for his old blues and jazz vinyl albums. And ya' know - thay almost seem more authentic and richer in their tones. Esp for these kinds of music (and classical) I don't think the CDs can really capture the breadth of tone that vinyl can. Enjoy your present!

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

WOW!!! What great kids! DH just bought one for himself right before xams, and he's been converting vinyl like crazy. (and we've been finding some interesting "plant life" in the bend of some of his double album covers, if you know what I mean...ahh, memories of wilder times!)

I bought him a 1969 practically mint-condition copy of "Dusty in Memphis" because of it. Yeah, I could have just down-loaded it, but it's just such a cool album, I'm glad I could get him the original...and now it's in our iTunes!!!!

You're going to just love it!!! Congratulations and have fun!

>Wow! You still have a record player!! ;-) I agree that's a
>neat gift. I didn't know that existed either. Way to go for
>your kids!! Your post reminded me of a Tim McGraw song "Back
>When":
>
>"I love my records
>Black, shiny vinyl
>Clicks and pops
>And white noise
>Man they sounded fine
>I had my favorite stations
>The ones that played them all
>Country, soul and rock-and-roll
>What happened to those times?"
>
>Enjoy your new toy!! :D
>
>Dallas
>
>

I know those lyrics. There from a Tim McGraw song.

Jennie

Thanks everyone!! I can't wait to hear some of this music...I'm with you Theresa, I know we can download but having the album is so cool. It'll be interesting to see if there is any strange flora within the double albums, they haven't seen the light of day in decades.:) We were shopping in a record store last summer in Toronto and I was surprised to see that 'The White Stripes' had some of their music on vinyl! Everything old is new again!

Sandra! That's so sweet that Paris would make her Mamma breakfast. PB&J no less!! My favourite!!:9 :9

Dallas, I love those lyrics, I'll be checking that song out :)

Take Care
Laurie:)

Wow Laurie! That is so cool. I have looked into this myself. I do believe there is a program you can use to take out the pops and crackles to convert the vinyls to mp3's too...:)....Great kids....

Wow Laurie, what a fantastic gift!! You raised 'em right, that's all I have to say -- lol!! Have fun with your gift -- you deserve it :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.