MET-Rx 180 with Frank Sepe

Gibbee

Cathlete
Has anyone here checked out the MET-Rx 180 set that features Frank Sepe? I keep being drawn to this and Body Beast because I like weight lifting and they look like possible STS-2 type workouts.

Any thoughts? Reviews?

Thanks!

I ordered the MET-Rx workout Wednesday 06/20 and it was shipped on Thursday 06/21, hopefully I'll have it before July1st because that is when I want to start some type of rotation. I'm also looking at Beachbody's Beast, this one looks good to me as well but I have ordered WAAAY too many DVDs and systems so this one may have to wait!

...Cheryl

same here....i ordered metrx180 and should receive mine thursday....and i think i will order body beast soon also....i like straight forward lifting and these fit the bill for me:rolleyes:

FabAbs and Mrsyancy,

Please post your thoughts on this series once you get it. I think this one will win out over Body Beast for me, but I'm with Gibbee and would love some feedback from Cathletes before I buy. Thanks!

FabAbs and Mrsyancy,

Please post your thoughts on this series once you get it. I think this one will win out over Body Beast for me, but I'm with Gibbee and would love some feedback from Cathletes before I buy. Thanks!

I LOVE this program!!!!! Tomorrow I will finish my first week with it - the 1st 30 days are circuits consisting of 11 exercises for chest, back, shoulders, triceps, biceps, legs, hamstrings, calves and abs 3 x's through for 12 reps these are called BLOCKS, BLOCK 2 is called Combo 6, they are 2 exercises for each body part, chest, back, etc for 12 reps and then there is the MET Rx 180 Minute which is doing 1 exercise as many times as you can for 1 minute.
Cardio is done 2 or 3 x's a week and on weight days Stretch and Refresh which is a 18 minute stretching DVD.

Today was Conditioning Workout #3 pyramid down style - 12 reps, 10 reps
and 8 reps, I didn't realize this when I started it so I just went heavy for all 3 circuits. The MET Rx Minute was squat thrusts (burpees) I could only do 5 because my hands were so sweaty.

Previewing Days 31 to 60 these are the Shaping DVDs they are tri-sets, doing 1 exercise pyramid down style, at the end of each BLOCK supersets are thrown in doing 2 exercises for 12 reps along with the MET Rx Minute Somedays they add on Cardio Tactics 1 or 2 and on other days it's Stretch and Refresh.

Days 61 to 90 these are the Defining DVDs which is doing supersets or tri-sets in a pyrmid down style along with the MET Rx Minaute adding the Advanced Abs workout one somedays or doing Cardio Tactics or Kickboxing, Stretch and Refresh along with Advanced Abs.

I really don't see a problem finishing this rotation as written, like I said before I like that these are 1 body part at a time since I am SO not a fan of compound exercises.

VF has a pretty big thread about this program New/Upcoming Release Met-Rx 180 Program - Video Fitness Forum

...Cheryl

I should also add another thing I like about this program is it's not a cut and paste - they do the warm up, the program and the cool down all wearing the same outfit, it maybe a little thing to some people but it's a plus for me.

...Cheryl

Cheryl/FabAbs,

Thanks so much for the review. I'm sold. I want this program!!! :D

Also, I agree with you about the cut and paste with warm-ups and cool-downs. I can deal with it if the workout is worth it, but I also like it best when it's different with each workout.

Hi Everyone

I am retrieving this old thread looking for some reviews on MET 180.

Has any of you purchased and completed the program?

Hope to hear from you!

Kind Regards,

I completed it back when it first came out. It is s solid program. Have you checked out the review threads at videofitness? I should note that the book has typos in the worksheets. I put them into excel if you'd like them.

I completed it back when it first came out. It is s solid program. Have you checked out the review threads at videofitness? I should note that the book has typos in the worksheets. I put them into excel if you'd like them.

I have read reviews from Amazon. Will check on videofitness. The set is for beginners therefore I am not sure I need it.
The price has gone down on amazon as it has been discontinued.

Is it worth adding?:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.