Men can be such Morons!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Sorry to all those men on board and I REALLY do love my husband:)

Last night I told him that I was going to be running a race with my brother in July. I then asked if he wanted to do it to. He said "sure, how many Kms is 10 miles" I told him I wasn't sure but x's it by 1.7. He then says..."yeah, I can do that"!
I must have had a dumb found look on my face b/c HE DOESN'T RUN! He may have ran when he was 16 but he is 33 now and hasn't ran the length of himself in yrs. Besides for the hockey he plays in the winter monthes he does nothing, workout wise.
I love how he makes running and working out see so effortless.He thinks all he as to do is tie up his laces and go. Not to mention that it kind of makes me feel, like he thinks my workouts are minut!Also said that he didn't need to train...he was just gonna do it!
WHAT-EV-ER!

Lori:)

Lori, my DH will do things like that - he'll actually do the event (or whatever it is) and then whine for days when he's sore cuz he really wasn't ready. I just decided it's his problem - not mine - and when he whines I just ignore it.

Lori, my DH ran a 10k with me once. I made him train. He hasn't run since high school, but he is on his feet all day for his job.

So, after his TWO training runs... he ended up being fine. I think we only walked once.

I tried hard (and still try!) to get over that. He said he wasn't sore or anything.

MEN.:p

My DH ran his first half marathon at 56 with NO training. He ran the entire thing and couldn't sit down to use the john the next day.

Fast forward to the April 10.6 miler - and he ran that, too, and with no ill effects - felt great the next day.

I did, briefly, consider murdering him out of jealousy. But, now I just accept it. He is also very athletic and works out 6 days a week and has been since he was a kid. So that may make a difference.

heres another one!!

I am friends with 2 brothers......one a regular runner, and the other one, a very sporadic runner who does not exercise regularly (and drinks a fair amount for the record). the runner trained for the marathon and the sporadic one did not.the sporadic brother showed up to the marathon with shoes taped with duct tape!!.........guess who finished the marathon with ease, and guess who puked and about passed out at mile 21.............its just not fair!!

You made me think of my daugther believe it or not...who ran a 5K with me one year...she kept saying "I'm going to beat you...I'm going to beat everyone" and she's a couch potato! She ran maaaybe 20 feet and said "I'm not going to beat you..." and stopped running and walked the rest! FUNNY! She crossed the finish line last because she spent her time picking up those little orange newts off the running trail...you know the ones with little bronze spots on their backs? They were all over that day. She actually crossed the finish line with that little lizard in her hands. :)

Amusing thread. :7

This reminds me of a friend of mine who's in his early 40s. He plays soccer and hockey once a week but doesn't work out at all. When we go skiing, somehow he skis like a maniac all day and never wants to quit. And strangely, he doesn't really eat much either. None of us understand how he does it. I'm thinkin' he ain't human.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Lori,

You know....you could have him run the race with you. Then when you are half (if he makes it that far) way through, you could throw him on your back and run the rest of the race. Then, laugh...in his face :)

My dh thinks he is some kind of strong man too. He will do one workout every once in a while and think he is setting the world on fire!!

Sara

Lori,

Don't let him bug ya. He's a man and has to act macho. It's in his genetic make-up.

In all reality he is probably a bit jealous of your dedication to fitness and your athleticism!

My DH has never actually said he's jealous (I know he is though!:p) but he HAS told me how much he admires me for what I do.

HAHA! I love it! They are all the same, aren't they!? I seriously don't think DH would make it overly far.
In the meantime, I shouldn't say that he thinks my workouts are minut. I just wish he would try a cathe DVD with me sometime. I think he would be so sore the next day b/c when he as worked out in the past, its just the normal reps. No low ends or new moves...just the old fashion stuff. He does think I am in awesome shape though so maybe he isn't such a moron after all:+
Lori:)

I have to agree that genetics are quite a quandry in my mind.

Even with some of us women the differences are huge.

But for some reason women seem to have to work harder at everything - which is good, because men couldn't handle half of what we do.

I would love to see one carry a baby for 9 months, give birth, or take care of them 24/7.

(I am, of course, being generic as I have known a few men who definitlely aren't the norm, as are some women who "don't do children").

So Lori, please keep us posted on whether he actually does join you and your brother and how the run goes.

This reminds me of a guy that was running in the pace group I was with during a marathon a couple of years ago. He said his longest run was 8 miles (because he got too busy with work) but he was going to give it H#ll. LOL, he finished with a great time, too!

My daughter also had a teacher that ran one marathon every year (in his fatigues (sp?) and Army boots. He was a veteran and did it in memory of his service and the service of all the other veterans. They asked him if he trained and he said no, I just get up and run. LOL, he said he had a hard time walking for a few days after but it sure beat training for it. :7

Kathy

Let's face it us Y chromos type are superior ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Sigmund Freud was right about P###s Envy!!!!

Just kidding. You can climb down from the ceiling now.

Dave

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.