lunch?

mommacody

Cathlete
for those of you who need to pack a lunch for work, what do you like to bring? i need easy, quick ideas to pack in the morning. right now i sort of alternate between salads, when i have leftover chicken from the night before i throw it in there, and yogurt with granola and fresh berries. i'm bored, lol!

for those of you who need to pack a lunch for work, what do you like to bring? i need easy, quick ideas to pack in the morning. right now i sort of alternate between salads, when i have leftover chicken from the night before i throw it in there, and yogurt with granola and fresh berries. i'm bored, lol!

I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack a lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(

I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack a lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(

I usually do turkey, tuna or veggie burgers on ww bread or a ww wrap for lunch but if I have chicken or fish or something from dinner the night before I'll eat that instead.

I used to eat salads all of the time but I got lazy about preparing them.

I usually do turkey, tuna or veggie burgers on ww bread or a ww wrap for lunch but if I have chicken or fish or something from dinner the night before I'll eat that instead.

I used to eat salads all of the time but I got lazy about preparing them.

i do a turkey sandwich on sprouted bread with spinach and soy cheese. i also spread some hummus on to give it a real nice flavor

i do a turkey sandwich on sprouted bread with spinach and soy cheese. i also spread some hummus on to give it a real nice flavor

>i do a turkey sandwich on sprouted bread with spinach and soy
>cheese. i also spread some hummus on to give it a real nice
>flavor

Interesting! Sounds super yummy! :9

>i do a turkey sandwich on sprouted bread with spinach and soy
>cheese. i also spread some hummus on to give it a real nice
>flavor

Interesting! Sounds super yummy! :9

>I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight
>Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack a
>lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(

I have these all the time! Hey, they may not be perfect but they're a heck of a lot better than grabbing a burger and fries!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

>I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight
>Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack a
>lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(

I have these all the time! Hey, they may not be perfect but they're a heck of a lot better than grabbing a burger and fries!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

>>I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight
>>Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack
>a
>>lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(
>
>I have these all the time! Hey, they may not be perfect but
>they're a heck of a lot better than grabbing a burger and
>fries!

So true! I don't eat them often anymore but I used to eat them all of the time myself!

>>I hate to say this...but I grab Lean Cuisine or Weight
>>Watchers frozen entrees. I just don't have the time to pack
>a
>>lunch. I'm not really the healthiest eater. :-(
>
>I have these all the time! Hey, they may not be perfect but
>they're a heck of a lot better than grabbing a burger and
>fries!

So true! I don't eat them often anymore but I used to eat them all of the time myself!

this is exactly my problem. i am way to lazy to prepare a salad that is worth anything, lol. plus i'm always so busy doing everything else to get the kids lunches ready, etc., that i find i'm running out the door at the last minute.

this is exactly my problem. i am way to lazy to prepare a salad that is worth anything, lol. plus i'm always so busy doing everything else to get the kids lunches ready, etc., that i find i'm running out the door at the last minute.

Some random thoughts:

1.) Make extra dinner so you have leftovers for the next day(s)

2.) buy small chicken breasts or other protein sources and cook ahead and eat it during the week (or freeze) I like the think sliced chicken breasts with a bit of broiled steak seasoning on them

3.) use precooked rice or cook something ahead of time (whole what cous cous is very easy) I buy precooked brown rice from the organic section of my store--I just zap it and it's ready. Ditto for frozen veggies.

4.) Slice up some veggies and dip in yummus :9 Pack some low fat cottage or string cheese, nuts, nut butters, etc

5.) You can often buy bagged salads, even those that come with nuts, seeds, and dressing (Fresh Express Pacifica is yummy) and you can often buy precut peppers, onions, etc. Top with some garbanzo beans, chicken, whatever

6.) Check you organic section for TV dinners. Some of them are rather tasty and surprisingly low in sodium (Annie's Kitchen?)

7.) Hit your co-irker over the head and steal their lunch. Consider it a "cheat" day ;-) :7 :7

I have been carrying myself a cooler with all my goodies in it but it still takes a few minutes to prepare....but alas, I am not Ms. I have a Personal Chef Oprah.

Beavs, do you mean Amy's? I love those!

I'm lucky that there's a big fridge in the kitchen two doors down from my office. I always try to keep a few frozen dinners (Amy's and Cedarlane Organic) so if I'm in the midst of a deadline (or the weather is too horrible to go out for a salad) I won't be tempted to run to the vending machines!

Good suggestions, Beavs.

Ah yes, Amy's. Very good Indian food...and she offers a few vegan varieties as well if that is your thang. ;-)

I usually pack a tuna/chicken/turkey with spinach/sprouts sandwich or wrap along with a squirt of mustard. I also throw in string cheese, and 2 fruits and 2 veges along with my quart of water. I generally pick at it thru the day instead of eating it all at once.

If I don't have any leftover chicken or turkey, sometimes I will make a PB&J or have a lean cuisine. I don't generally do the lean cuisine thing....but always have a couple on hand just in case.

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.