KCM Rotation

wonderwoman

Cathlete
No disrespect to Cathe but I know there are a lot KCM fans on this site.
Kelly has just put up 2 new rotations on her website. One is for weight loss and the other is strength. They use her newest workouts. They actually look really good.

No disrespect to Cathe but I know there are a lot KCM fans on this site. Kelly has just put up 2 new rotations on her website. One is for weight loss and the other is strength. They use her newest workouts. They actually look really good.

Hi

I bought 8 of her workouts recently and am happily exploring them. I tried the new one HGI this morning...and I'm not quite sure why it got good reviews. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad...just not what I would call necessary. I love her Circuit Burn and TLC so far. But anyone can hop on a bike or TM and do DB exercises in this format.
The music wasn't noticeable. I could have just set a gymboss and used cardio coach or my own music. It's not that I didn't like it, i just wondered why would anyone need it?

I hear ya! I didn't get that one either. I did get Muscle Up. I love TLC. I think it's my favorite. I like Circuit Burn/ Blast too. It has awesome premixes. I really don't dig Kelly's music either but that doesn't make or break a workout for me. I'm too busy huffing and puffing away. LOL
I like Kelly because like Cathe she has great premixes and although she's not as intense as Cathe sometimes I don't feel like working to the point of exhaustion.
I also bought PIYO and am loving that as well. Not too easy not too hard right in the middle.

Cupcake:

agreed on HGI. But there are people who won't put this kind of workout together on their own, even if you and I could and do compile workouts like this on our own all the time. Some will find any excuse not to workout, so if it is all put together for them, they don't have to think, they can just focus on doing. There is crossover between Cathe and Kelly's public, but they are not the same I don't think.

Clare

Cupcake: agreed on HGI. But there are people who won't put this kind of workout together on their own, even if you and I could and do compile workouts like this on our own all the time. Some will find any excuse not to workout, so if it is all put together for them, they don't have to think, they can just focus on doing. There is crossover between Cathe and Kelly's public, but they are not the same I don't think. Clare

That's true. But if compared to her other workouts HGI wouldn't be something you have to get.
I do agree KCM and Cathe aren't the same and I do appreciate that. I like the variety both offer. I'm actually rather impressed by KCM and her premixes. i was looking for intermediate workouts and they fit the description well. She is also good to work out with. Not annoying at all and i like her physique. It certainly doesn't hurt that they are only half an hour!

I enjoy her workouts. Okay before intensity junkies jump in, let me say I too enjoy intensity but I do not want it six times per week and wanted a few days of good fun exercise for health benefits. My favorite set is Les Mills Combat mostly because it is fun, intermediate with real good music.

For weights, I adore Burn Sets and the Gym Styles. This Summer I am enjoying walking three laps along the park. I used to run it, but now I choose to enjoy it.

And not all of KCM's workouts are intermediate either. Have you tried Your Best Body? It is an endurance workout that packs so much into 30 mins and it never stops, never slows down. I sweat buckets to this and am as exhausted at the end as I am with Cathe's Power Hour or High Reps. 6 sets of 2 exercises done back to back for the back or chest or whatever, no break between the two exercises and no break between the 6 sets, just continuous lifting. It is intense: you choose the weights and get ready to work!

Clare

Oh no! I thought YBB was a strength workout? I haven't tried it yet. I did Trim down tonight...and that was very good too. I now understand why it was hard to get recommendations from VF on what to get. So The other day I did CB 2 followed by Gym Styles Chest and Triceps. I think I wont be doing that again! Lol. Tonight was Trim down followed by Gym Styles Back,shoulders and Biceps. This was a better pairing! I have been looking at the YBB disc on my shelf but I have one more day of GS Legs and I would have completed a month of it! I can't have odd numbers on my log ....lol. I did not order her Tabata workout. I'm pretty sure she can kill me too! As for no breaks....don't worry...i push pause a lot regardless of the Instructor. Clare, do u own Les Mills Combat? If not,you should check it out. So much fun and not heavy on the impact. Love the music too.

I might hit you up on your personal mash up of her compound moves that you mentioned once I get the last few DVDs. I have 8 now.

Last edited:
I agree that KCM isn't always intermediate - I once (note: ONCE) tried LIFT followed immediately by powersculpt............ha!

Thanks for the heads up on her new dvds - I was on the fence about them

Oh no! I thought YBB was a strength workout? I haven't tried it yet.

It's an endurance strength workout with core moves. Kelly does have premixes with cardio instead of core. I haven't done this one in awhile which will change soon now that I've got it on my mind :)

Last edited:
OK so here's my personal fave mash-up of compound moves segments taken from 4 KCM DVDs:

1) weights only premix from 30MTF Step Boxing
2) weights (upper and lower body sections) premix from 30MTF Bootcamp
3) powerscuplt --the whole workout, taken from 30MTF LIFT
4) upper body weights and legs premix from 30MTF Circuit Burn

This will challenge you! You could alternate any section here for the weights only premix from plateau Buster, or the new Shape UP and Trim Down. They would all work I think quite nicely.

It's cardio and weights work all in one, rather like a metabolic workout quite frankly. I have been using this as I had achilles tendonitis and needed cardio work with no impact.

Clare

OK so here's my personal fave mash-up of compound moves segments taken from 4 KCM DVDs:

1) weights only premix from 30MTF Step Boxing
2) weights (upper and lower body sections) premix from 30MTF Bootcamp
3) powerscuplt --the whole workout, taken from 30MTF LIFT
4) upper body weights and legs premix from 30MTF Circuit Burn

This will challenge you! You could alternate any section here for the weights only premix from plateau Buster, or the new Shape UP and Trim Down. They would all work I think quite nicely.

It's cardio and weights work all in one, rather like a metabolic workout quite frankly. I have been using this as I had achilles tendonitis and needed cardio work with no impact.

Also, note that Kelly only ever uses 2 sets of dumbbells. Personally, I have 8 sets handy when I do this mash-up: 5's through to 20's. So, often Kelly keeps the same weight even as she moves from an upper body move to a lower body move. I don't. If I have just used 12s for a back move and now we are doing squats with pulses as a break before we go back to that move for the back, I'm picking up my 20s and swapping right back to the 12s again when we resume the back exercise. Do you see what I mean? So, I always use the heaviest weight I can for each exercise, regardless of what Kelly is using. Most of the time on legs, and 2/3 time for upper body, I'm going heavier than Kelly is. No matter, I always want to get the most out of every move, so......

Clare

I just finished YBB workout 1

This was pretty good for half an hour too! Although my favorite so far is still Circuit Burn. I haven't tried PB yet. But I'm thinkng I'm going to like that one and might have to get the Power Sculpt DVD if I do.

I think the intent of HGI is to encourage those who have cardio equipment to use it for exercise instead of a clothes rack.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.