Jumpsuits & rompers back in style????

LauraMax

Cathlete
While I don't find the look of the jumpsuit offensive--in fact, kind of cute in a slimming, longer-leg looking kind of way--I think the style itself is just impractical. I've always had an issue of, you know, using the potty in a jumpsuit. Esp. in public restrooms. Are you supposed to stand in a stall half nekkid w/the top part of your clothes on the floor? Or go through various Twister-type motions to make sure the top part of your clothes don't touch the floor at the same time you're trying to keep your rear end from touching a public seat..........:eek:

Rompers though, ew. Just ew.

B002C360Y8.01-A2FMOXN01TSNYY._SX359_SCLZZZZZZZ_V219419326_.jpg

karin2000212028_p1_v1_m56577569831783503_254x500.jpg

dolce2021921780_prod_zoom_front_v1_m56577569831761927_254x500.jpg

LOL!!! Laura on the bathroom visual :p I agree. These rompers don't even look so hot on the models so they sure as heck would look just awful if I was wearing them!! :eek::eek:

I'm not really on board for rompers. I can romp just fine in trousers and jeans! Can the clothing industry just provide women with clothing that has some bleeping DIGNITY for once?? Where is Coco Chanel when you need her??

Maybe I'm not the target audience for the romper look - I suppose I can imagine these looking cute on a 22-year old (or a 3-year old) - but I really can't imagine myself being taken seriously in a freaking romper.

They look like a costume from a space opera. :eek: Btw. I would never wear that and I'm 31 so maybe its for the under 15 yo set.

I saw some jumpsuits in the stores too and couldn't believe it. Everything is looking so 80's - big jackets, slouchy stuff. I don't want to go back there!

Wow - the '80s are back with a vengence!! I never could wear this look, as I have a butt. This look is for the super-skinny folk, and the young. No, not super practical either.

Aren't rompers from the 70s? I sort of remember having one when I was very young--I must've been around 6 years old. It was yellow. I cannot believe I remember that thing. I think I might remember every single piece of clothing I've ever owned. :D

Are shoulder pads coming back? Please no! Hey, maybe the butt floss exercise clothes will make a comeback. Then PowerMax would look like Cathe filmed it last month (although Cathe seems to look pretty much the same 15 years later ;)).

Mid '70s to mid '80s. I had a full-pants jumpsuit that I loved (it was even seen on Days of Our Loves - one the main characters wore it! I was so proud of myself - I'm that kind of a dork).

The only people who should wear rompers are the under-four crowd and even 4 might be a stretch. Please let's not go back to the 80s clothing. Should I find my flourecent green jelly shoes with my hot pick triple wrap-around belt and way oversized shirt? I remember all of my clothes too...both the good and the not so good.

The only people who should wear rompers are the under-four crowd and even 4 might be a stretch. Please let's not go back to the 80s clothing. Should I find my flourecent green jelly shoes with my hot pick triple wrap-around belt and way oversized shirt? I remember all of my clothes too...both the good and the not so good.

I completely agree. That's why Romper Room is called Romper Room. Let's leave it to the preschoolers, shall we?

My most vivid memory of my 80s wardrobe was the acid washed skinny jeans w/a 6 inch zipper at the bottom so you could peel them off. Oh, I do believe there was a denim bow at the top of the small zipper. :rolleyes:

My biggest wardrobe snafu had to be the black velvet catsuit from VS my ex hubby bought me for Xmas one year, poor guy. I rolled that thing up in a ball & stuffed in the back of the closet, hoping he'd forget (every once in a while he'd ask & I'd stall :eek:). I don't even think Hallie Berry could've pulled that one off (literally and figuratively!).

But hey, it was a gift from a guy who thought he was formally dressed in a bolo tie & black sneakers. :cool:

Rompers, jumpsuits, leg warmers, hot pants, T shirts hanging off a shoulder because some psycho went nuts with the scissors...maybe a maniac, bad headbands detailed with gold thread, bedazzled jeans, gouchos, gauze shirts, green, blue, purple, burgandy tuxes with matching ruffled shirt, White suits dancing to the Bee Gees, painters pants, penney loafers (the second coming)
Owwww.... Make it go away....it burns, it burns. LOL :eek::eek::p

Been there - Done that!

And the GoGo boots! I have short legs that are not slender with dipply knees - just plain unflattering!

Heather

Laura,
I totally had those jeans with the zipper and the bow. I loved them.
80's clothes were terrible. I see my niece who is 15 wearing that type of stuff now. I want to gag! Myself with a spoon! :eek:
Ummm I also wore that butt floss stuff to the gym! Oh the horror!

Laura,
I totally had those jeans with the zipper and the bow. I loved them.
80's clothes were terrible. I see my niece who is 15 wearing that type of stuff now. I want to gag! Myself with a spoon! :eek:
Ummm I also wore that butt floss stuff to the gym! Oh the horror!

Me too! I remember searching high & low for Cathe's PowerMax outfit. Remember that manufacturer, Moda International? And I couldn't find it anywhere.

Melissa, LMAO! I had a tan sweatshirt w/gold piping & the neckline cut off, ala Flashdance. Actually I think I had one of everything you mentioned. Gawd we were dorky. :D

This one was one of my worst pairs of jeans. The front was gray and the back were black. Of course they had the zippers on the sides. I remember a girl at school filled them out nicely (i.e. hers were tight) and I was skinny and jealous.

Did anyone "roll" their jeans? We used to do that and wear the tights with the lace at the bottom underneath our jeans so the lace would show. That was late 80s early 90s. I am still no fashion plate (oh, remember that toy?).

Oh gawd no, that is something I hope that will not return. I would have peed in my clothes time I tried taking it off!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.