Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Intensity revisited....OMG!

This is a discussion on Intensity revisited....OMG! within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this ...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Catheite
cher54's Profile Fields

Default Intensity revisited....OMG!

I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me! I feel like I've made headway with HIIT and Plyo Legs, then Intensity annihilates me again! Your thoughts? Afterburn has me quaking in my boots!!!!

"You must begin by knowing that you have already arrived." ~ Chiang - Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Old 09-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Catheite
molasses's Profile Fields

I also find it difficult. I go low impact on some moves or pause my dvd until I can catch my breath to get through it.

What kills me is when you enter Intensity on the Workout Manager the Met Value only gets you a 7.0 - that is such a downer.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Intensity is Cathe's only workout that I have actually had to stop halfway through because I just absolutely could not catch my breath. Whenever I feel brave enough to pick it back up, I only do premixes, such as Step Only or Timesaver - Step + HiiT (Lo).

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has struggled with Intensity!! thanks for this post!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Cathlete
ricklyk1's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher54 View Post
I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me!
DITTO! When I haven't done Intensity for awhile I always think "it isn't that bad" but about 15 minutes into the workout i'm gasping for air and begging for mercy. For me, Intensity and CCC are Cathe's toughest cardio workouts. Love the burn!

Katie

Now is the time for guts and guile.
- Elizabeth Taylor
Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Cathlete
Jane Royse's Profile Fields

Intensity is the hardest Cathe workout, IMO. I tried it last week or so, & I had to stop - I just couldn't get through it! & I was only doing the Step PreMix! I tried again a day or 2 later, & I did make it through the Step PreMix that time, but WHEW! Every time Cathe says we're kicking it up a notch, I think, "Oh, no!" But, if I don't have a workout like that, I don't have anything to strive for. It can only get easier the more we try, right?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Hi All! Intensity is a toughie for sure (but I think Afterburn will rival it though )

Don't feel you have to tackle Intensity all out everytime. Listen to your body, if it has had enough, back off a bit and join in when your ready. But if its being lazy and looking for an out, find your game face and get back in the game.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher54 View Post
I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me! I feel like I've made headway with HIIT and Plyo Legs, then Intensity annihilates me again! Your thoughts? Afterburn has me quaking in my boots!!!!
I still can't do the intensity all by itself. Sometimes I will do one segment
Old 09-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Cathlete

Thumbs up One of my favorites....

...along with my new favorite, Cardio Core Circuits. Love those killer Cathe intervals!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Cathlete

Have this one but have never done it. It looks fun (in a sick sort of way), but it's too high impact for my knees. I also don't really have the space to do it effectively.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Cathlete
UNLVCrjChick's Profile Fields

I did Intensity all the way through with the bonus boot camp recently, and while I was begging for mercy, I did it without modifying and without pausing the DVD. What a sense of accomplishment this was for me, especially since Intensity was one of the workouts I just purchased at the Disney RT. This one makes Maximum Intensity Cardio feel like a walk in the park.