Intensity revisited....OMG!

cher54

Cathlete
I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me! I feel like I've made headway with HIIT and Plyo Legs, then Intensity annihilates me again! Your thoughts? Afterburn has me quaking in my boots!!!!:confused:

I also find it difficult. I go low impact on some moves or pause my dvd until I can catch my breath to get through it.

What kills me is when you enter Intensity on the Workout Manager the Met Value only gets you a 7.0 - that is such a downer. :(

Intensity is Cathe's only workout that I have actually had to stop halfway through because I just absolutely could not catch my breath. Whenever I feel brave enough to pick it back up, I only do premixes, such as Step Only or Timesaver - Step + HiiT (Lo). :eek:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has struggled with Intensity!! thanks for this post! :eek:

I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me!

DITTO! When I haven't done Intensity for awhile I always think "it isn't that bad" but about 15 minutes into the workout i'm gasping for air and begging for mercy. :p For me, Intensity and CCC are Cathe's toughest cardio workouts. Love the burn! ;) :)

Katie

Intensity is the hardest Cathe workout, IMO. I tried it last week or so, & I had to stop - I just couldn't get through it! & I was only doing the Step PreMix! I tried again a day or 2 later, & I did make it through the Step PreMix that time, but WHEW! Every time Cathe says we're kicking it up a notch, I think, "Oh, no!" But, if I don't have a workout like that, I don't have anything to strive for. It can only get easier the more we try, right?

Hi All! Intensity is a toughie for sure (but I think Afterburn will rival it though ;))

Don't feel you have to tackle Intensity all out everytime. Listen to your body, if it has had enough, back off a bit and join in when your ready. But if its being lazy and looking for an out, find your game face and get back in the game.

I'm never ceased to be amazed how difficult Intensity is. I don't have all of Cathe's cardio DVD's, but this one tops the charts for me! I feel like I've made headway with HIIT and Plyo Legs, then Intensity annihilates me again! Your thoughts? Afterburn has me quaking in my boots!!!!:confused:

I still can't do the intensity all by itself. Sometimes I will do one segment:eek:

Have this one but have never done it. It looks fun (in a sick sort of way), but it's too high impact for my knees. I also don't really have the space to do it effectively.

I did Intensity all the way through with the bonus boot camp recently, and while I was begging for mercy, I did it without modifying and without pausing the DVD. What a sense of accomplishment this was for me, especially since Intensity was one of the workouts I just purchased at the Disney RT. This one makes Maximum Intensity Cardio feel like a walk in the park.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.