how long did it take you

laura35

Cathlete
how long did it take your body to change after eating better? I have went to eating 5 smaller meals a day and so far no changes,this will be my 2nd week at it. I thought maybe the body has a pause effect when you change up your eating . for those that changed up their eating whether they went to more smaller meals or just cut the crap out and ate better, how long did it take before you noticed changes. I feel better,dont feel as bloated but the wt hasnt changed. so I was just wondering. I know several went to eating the BFL plan which is similiar. I am using the diabetic approach, right amounts of carb/protein and fat, with a certain amount of calories every 3 hrs. I havent had as many cravings which is good. I went on their website and it figured out how many calories,protein,carbs and fats for me.

I know you can get leaner and not see the scale move. I dont want to lose much just 6 lbs or so, definately no more than 10 max. I just thought I would see a difference in clothes before 4-6 weeks. I always thought if you started eating right within a couple of weeks you would start to see a change, really 4-6 weeks.... okay, I will hang in there and see what happens. I truly am not as hungry and this is a first for me. We have had cookies,candy etc... a t work and I have been good so far. thanks for your advice ladies!

I think when I went from 3 main meals to 3 smaller meals and 2 snacks, the MAIN differences I saw were 1) more steady energy levels and 2) reduction in cravings for junk food.

If you are eating the same number of calories, then you may not see the scale move (OR your clothes getting loser). But for me, having a more even stream of energy allowed me to burn more calories thru the day. Also, eating so often usually curbed those cravings for chocolate or other not-so-clean foods, so by NOT eating them, I obviously eliminated some empty calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.