Household Chores Part 2

Hello everyone! Cleaning today myself, but what kind of cleaner are you?
Do you move the following to clean under it every week? Which one or all? Add some unusual ones to the list too.

*refrigerator
*stove
*washer/dryer
*furniture

And do you dust your light bulbs?

For myself, I move out the frig, stove, washer and dryer every other week. Furniture in livingroom every week. My children are responsible for their own rooms. I only dust the light bulbs if I notice them while cleaning.
Charlotte~~

Charlotte - You must be a wonderful housecleaner! When you are finished cleaning your house please come to mine!

I move and clean behind/under the frig, stove, washer/dryer, & furniture about once every 6 months. (I hang my head in shame.) My main priorities are what I can see. As far as the lightbulbs it gets "dusted" when it burns out and I need to replace it. No one sees it so what is it hurting.

Between working a 40 hour work week and trying to make dinner, spend time with DS & DH, cleaning, and working out who has the time. I guess it is all about priorities. Moving and cleaning behind/under the above mentioned is way low on my list.

This is a very good question and one I am anxious to hear what others have to say.

Oh lordy you people are making me feel like a slob. I've never cleaned under my large appliances!

I broke down about 2 months ago & hired a cleaning lady twice a month. I was just sick of spending all my free time on the w/e doing housework. It's the best present I've ever given myself. :)

I only clean under those appliances if there's a reason to move it in the first place.

I get lazy about moving furniture every week, epecially in rooms that never get used. So sometimes, yes.

I really do keep a clean house. I get comments on how well I keep the house. I mostly clean what can be seen.

Light bulbs-Yes, if I see that they look dusty.

Oh Maximus I do have to agree. I have had a cleaning lady twice a month for about a year now and it's the best money I've ever spent!! More time to workout- LOL. However I am quite sure she doesn't move my appliances etc and clean behind them.

catherine

I am crazy about cleaning!!!! i do not move all of the furniture every time b/c it is all to heavy and i am alone when i clean..... i do move the fridge all the time.

let's see ...weird ones: (all done weekely unless otherwise stated)

change the shower curtain liner every 3 months
vacuum curtains
dust all the walld and scrub base boards
dust all light fixtures(and bulbs that are exposed)
sweep garage and vacuum windowsills in garage
wash rugs
dust celing fans
clean phones and doorknobs and all handles in the house
wet-wip leaves of all fake greenery
vacuum lamp shades
scrub miniblinds with toothbrush and bleach 2/mo
take my stove top all apart and scrub everything
vacuum under couch cushions

and no wire hangers!!!! i am so weird!

jes
}(

Jes, you are definitely more woman than I am. I bow to you! Where do you find the time to do all of this?

>"Hello everyone! Cleaning today myself, but what kind of
>cleaner are you?"
>
>A non-cleaner. :D

Me too! I find that dust is much easier to clean up when you allow it to become a dust bunny: then you can just pick up the whole blob!

O.k., so I am weird, but I never get all the cleaning done in one day...takes me two days!

Jes- I think you have me beat! Come help me clean...I never got my workout in cuz I was so busy cleaning!!!!

Maximus-I just can't have it all..can I? Still gonna try though.

;)
Charlotte~~

You guys are funny!! Jes when I started reading your post....I knew it was yours...I notice on the daily check-in... it seems your always cleaning:)

I clean baseboards, walls, fixtures about every 6 weeks. Never move the large appliances...no telling what is under there:7
Lightbulbs...well, when the burn out...I put in a fresh clean new one:p
There is one shower curtain in my house and it is in my sons bathroom...I usually have to replace it before it is time to be cleanedx(

I am really funny about my bathroom though...I usually clean it once a day...and my bed sheets get washed a couple times a week.

I usually only move my refrigerator to clean under it if something has spilled and I can see it from the front but the mop can't reach it. (Remember, I have 6 children.) We have plenty to clean. I'm doing a laundry marathon today.

You gals are so funny! :+

Shirley

kristie: i don't work and have no children so i have time. i have always been anal about clean (blame my grandma and mother....funny thing is, they are both clutter-monger slobs now!) but my dogs and dh make ALOT of mess! i have to do the floors several times a week!

maybe i'll chill out with age! dh is hoping so!}(

jes

>Move things? ARe you nuts?:)

LOL!

I only move things to "HIDE" whats underneath or behind

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

Cleaning up????? How??? She's always on the freakin' computer!!! HMMM!!! I have my suspicions. I think she's the one that throws everything under the bed or in a dark closet & changes out of her robe around the time she expects DH home.

But hey, I've been known to do that myself a few times on my day off.
}( :D

Marla

Hell! I don't think I've ever used the self-auto cleaner in the oven since I bought my new stove early last year. I guess that's pretty bad. But, I promise! I wash counters with clean, bleach laden wipes every minute, I wash my dishes to sterilize only in HOT, HOT temp in my dishwasher. Not to mention I do move small appliances to clean under them all the time!!! PLUS, I wash my hands frequently & am very AWARE of cross-contamination almost to the point of phobia! So there!

P.S. I've been known to swipe some gloves at work to change the cat litter. Otherwise, I'd be washing my hands for about 20 minutes under hot water. Needless to say, my hands are NOT my best feature!

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.