height and weight?

laura35

Cathlete
I was wondering how tall everyone is and how much they weigh? I am barely 5' 2 1/2 and am up 7-8pds right now currently weighing in at 127.5lbs which for someone my height is too much. i felt comfortable around 120lbs. my goal was 115 but i decided when i was at 120 that i didnt want to go too much lower because i would lose my boobs which had already shrunk some. anyway i am dep;ressed today because i feel really fat and disgusted with myself. it is a constant battle to keep; the weight down to 120lbs. am i doomed to this all of my life? anyway how tall are you all and what is your weight? if you dont mind me asking. just curious. thanks, laura

I usually don't like questions like this, because they seem to suggest that the person asking is using others to gauge where THEY should be. And those that are more muscular will weigh more than those that aren't. Body fat percentage is actually a better gauge of whether one is in a good range or not.

But I'll bite: I'm 5' 6" (on a good day) and weigh 132 (this morning).

I am 5'6" and I weight 145. This is my comfortable weight. I would like to be about 140, but would really have to restrict my diet to maintain. 145 sounds heavy (atleast to me), but I am very muscular.

After getting up to close to 200 lbs this summer due to emotional eating I am down almost 25 lbs and would like to lose at least 25lbs more (to be around 145 to 150 lbs.) At 5'8" I feel this would be a comfortable weight for me. I do feel fat some days but remember that at least I am not as fat as I once was. I keep track of everything I put in my mouth but do allow myself some off days like Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas.

Kim

Well, my weight all depends on what scale I'm on! :p

But for this question, I will use the weight that MY scale gives me since that's the one I use for my weekly weigh-ins....

I'm 5'3 1/2" and currently weigh 130 pounds. I am still 5 pounds up from my pre-pregnancy weight.

My body fat according to my omron has been hovering around 21% for a few weeks now. I don't know what it was prior to getting pregnant but when I purchased the omron in mid-August my BF was at 24.9% so I am happy!

I feel I look BETTER then I did pre-pregnancy even though I am 5 pounds heavier because I have more muscle/definition and probably less body fat than I did previously. I am looking to lose some more body fat though...especially in my abs. My belly is pretty much flat but there is still that layer of "goo" hiding the muscle!:-( x(

Ultimately I think I'd like to see it go down to about 18% so that will be my goal for 2006!!!:D

ETA: I know the omron is not a good tool for getting ACTUAL body fat percentage so I know the # I am getting is not acurate but for my purposes it's just fine. When the omron says 18% I'll be happy even if that means it's really 20% or whatever.:)

I am about five, five one. I honestly do not know how much I weigh. I don't own a scale and when I go for check-ups I get on the scale backwards and ask the nurse not to tell me what it says.

Sparrow

ETA: try not to get so down on yourself! IMO, a healthy life is not a sprint to the finish line but a long walk down a winding road! We all have those times when we are unhappy with our progress. Don't let it cause you to beat yourself up and call yourself names! :)

Good luck!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Go by your body fat percentage and your size clothing!!!

A person your height and weight is completely fine and on the NORMAL weight range on the doctor's charts! :)

I am your height and weight and wearing a size 6. My BF% is 19-20% which is fine for me. The doc says I'm at a good weight for my height too.

I'm 5'6" and weigh about 115. I would describe my shape as definitely boyish -- no chest to speak of at all. I used to wear padded bras to try to help, but now I'm like, forget it, I am what I am. I'll wear stretchy bra tops, and sometimes just a T. I think 115 is the weight my body's comfortable with, cuz if I dip below it, I'll just creep back up to 115.

I'm 5'2" and 120 (digital scale says BF 25%). I would like to be a few pounds lighter, but when I'm down 1 or 2 from this, I usually sabotage my efforts, you know, rewarding myself...

A few years ago, I was down about 5 pounds, but felt generally weak and wasn't nearly as strong in my cycling as I am now. I'd rather be strong and heavier than light and weaker. Also got light headed and my legs had "creepy crawlies". Not sure what that came from, but when I put on a few more pounds, that went away.

I'd just like to tone the lower body up more. Think I feel a butts and guts rotation coming up...

Jeanette

I'm 5'7" and weigh 115 lbs.

That seems to be my body's "set point" also. It used to be around 110 lbs, but I managed to get it up a few pounds, and I'm happy with that! :D

5'5" 115-120, don't own a scale so haven't weighed in awhile. It also depends on your body frame. I have a very small bone structure.

Colleen

>I was wondering how tall everyone is and how much they weigh?
>I am barely 5' 2 1/2 and am up 7-8pds right now currently
>weighing in at 127.5lbs which for someone my height is too
>much.

I laughed to myself when I read that! I am 5'2 also and I currently weigh 140 lbs.I guess we can't gauge by each other! LOL!

I don't care what I weigh. I can wear clothes now that don't "cover me up" and I am VERY happy about that! I think 115 is around what someone our height should weigh I read once. If I get down to 115, I will look emancipated (sp) No thanks.

Kali

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/cartoonblob01/lb/175/130/140/.png[/img] [/url]

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

>I laughed to myself when I read that! I am 5'2 also and I
>currently weigh 140 lbs.I guess we can't gauge by each other!
>LOL!
>

Exactly. My sister is built completely opposite of me...boy would I die for how easy she puts on muscle. She is 5'2 and at 115 would look awful. She is about 140 also and looks terrific.

Colleen

I'm 5'4 and 112lbs. I just joined a gym and I'm going to start with a personal trainer to really up my muscle strength. I ran through some tests that they do and I'm 13.3% body fat and I'm 37 years old but my body is like a 27 year old with the potential to be at 24. I was pretty impressed, but I guess all my hard work has paid off.

I am almost 5 foot and at a totally healthy weight and body fat percentage...which is the number I pay attention too...body fat%. It doesn't matter so much what you weigh, what matters it what that weight is made up of...fat versus lean mass.

I just have to add, and I will be brutally blunt here...Laura, your attitude stinks and it is a huge part of the problem. I know many will disagree with me (and that is o.k.) but your negative talk is helping to create a negative reality. Your "self dialogue" creates your reality...positive self talk creates a positive reality. We act and react to the things we tell ourselves and if it is negative, you will react negatively.

Change the way you talk to yourself...even if if feels like bull and you feel like you are lying. Tell yourself how beautiful you are, how strong and sexy, what a total workout machine and health nut you are...then the positive actions will follow. Talk as though those things are in the present tense and they will soon be a reality. Speaking negative and in the future tense keeps the actions negative...and in the future...never attained.

>
>ETA: try not to get so down on yourself! IMO, a healthy life
>is not a sprint to the finish line but a long walk down a
>winding road! We all have those times when we are unhappy
>with our progress. Don't let it cause you to beat yourself up
>and call yourself names! :)
>
>
Well said!

I will look emancipated (sp)

Emaciated ('emancipated' means "freed" as in the emancipation of the slaves).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.