Hate to Exercise or Hate to Diet?

lynda

Cathlete
I picked up Oxygen's Fat Loss issue last night and read an interesting column written by the Publisher, Robert Kennedy. Kennedy states:

"How many times have you been told that losing weight is all about diet and exercise? It never fully registers, does it? We either hate to exercise or we hate to diet, when in reality we know we have to do both. Sometimes though, it's tough to accept.

I know many women who are regular gym-goers; women who actually build up quite a sweat four days a week. But they make one mistake--they think that as long as they train regularly they can eat whatever they want. Then there are the dieters who keep it clean but neglect to train. They lose weight but have no shape and zero body tone.

Your fitness can only come from a two-sided approach. You have to eat correctly and train regularly. And when you adopt this two-sided attack, magic happens. I actually get frustrated when I see women who either diet or exercise, but never do both.

. . .

Soooo, I would like you to consider, just for an instant, that I could possibly be correct in stating that it's not one or the other; it's both. . ."

Wow! He hit the nail right on the head. I'm definitely an exerciser. I have no trouble getting my time in every week and actually quite enjoy it. It's the diet that I struggle with and that's where I need to concentrate and improve.

I was wondering about the rest of you. So, which do you all hate?

lynda

I love to workout but HATE to diet. And I hate being hungry even more! I beleive that you really need to do both to see results!

I hate dieting. I love to eat, and miss not eating the food that I want.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Hate to diet. Go to WW to help me with the diet.
i stay within my points but when you eat a pack of nutter butters it doesn't help get the layer of fat off my abs.

love to workout.

Farrah

Love to exercise, and the diet is another story. I just like to eat, good food, junk food, sweet food, salty food, it doesn't matter. I have no probs eating all the healthy food that I am supposed to be eating, but I have to have at least one chocolate fix a day. And I loooooove me some Ben & Jerry's. When I first started with Cathe, I though since I was exercising harder and more, then I could eat more. Nope, it doesn't quite work that way. When I adjusted my diet (and its still not perfect) the pounds really started to drop. You need both to make progress, but its much easier to stick with the exercising. The exercising was tough at first, but when you do it enough, your body starts to crave it. If I miss a few days or get off schedule, I feel cranky and restless and all out of whack. And then I REALLY crave the junk food.

Nan

Love to exercise--hate to diet-or worry about eating super clean so I can see the results I want.}(

As another poster mentioned I think seeming how we are in Cathe land hating to diet will probably win.

That being said I suprise suprise HATE to diet. I have ben struggling with the last 15 pound for a long time now and its all due to diet. I hardley ever miss a workout. However more days then not my eating is not clean.

I HATE TO DIET. There is no maybe about it. Food is always calling me. In fact if I lose my appetite there is something seriously wrong with me. I can name them for you: pregnancy number 1 and number 2 and a stomach ulcer in October. Other than those three instances I have been hungry for 34 years.

I hate to diet as well. In a perfect world i would be one of those people with lightning fast metabolisms and be able to eat as much or anything i wanted. Oh we can only dream;)

I don't like to think of it as dieting, but eathing healthy. And I do love healthy foods and the way they taste.

BUT - my willpower just seems to win too may times.

What I do love is the fact that once I am where I need to be, if I want to maintain, my obsession with exercising keeps my weight where I want it as long as I don't let my willpower with food take over too often.

Plus the exercising makes you feel good. Too bad the food that makes us feel good causes us pain by adding fat onto our hinys later:+

I don't like to think of it as dieting, but eathing healthy. And I do love healthy foods and the way they taste.

BUT - my willpower just seems to win too many times.

What I do love is the fact that once I am where I need to be, if I want to maintain, my obsession with exercising keeps my weight where I want it as long as I don't let my willpower with food take over too often.

Plus the exercising makes you feel good. Too bad the food that makes us feel good causes us pain by adding fat onto our hinys later:+

Love to eat and love to workout, only since I've gotten closer to menopause is when I had to adjust my eating habits. When I first started working out (CherFitness & Original Step Reebok debuts), I could eat whatever I wanted to.
I feel better since I'm eating healthier but I wouldn't call it dieting (per say). Reading labels and saying "no" to foods is a big thing for me along with portion size.

I don't believe in dieting. It doesn't work for me. I just get grumpy. You have to change the way you eat - for life.

I looooove to exercise. I mean I love it. I also love food--it's been a hobby for years, but as I age, I'm realizing that I will have to give my life to clean eating along with my workouts or just live with the excess vanity weight.

My goal this year is to learn to transfer my love of cooking/baking/food to healthy alternatives and learn to love it.

There was a time when I hated to exercise, so I think that with perserverence I can learn to enjoy healthy eating (and so can my family).

Maggie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.