happy major birthday, Cinza

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 10:17AM (Est)[/font][p]Thank you, How much fun to have you think of me ...
(Murph, i will think of you in Decemember.)
How did you know i turn -- this week?

Fifty!!!
I spent my whole 40's thinking i was almost 50 ... I can tell you right now i am Not going to spend my 50's thinking i am almost 60!!

The report from the front:
I feel, like Cyndie said, ... its time to redefine what age 50 means..

Words of Wisdom for all you young whippersnappers out there ;) :

[marquee] Being in Great Shape IS The Best Revenge![/marquee]

Absolutely true, my friend! You have an exceptionally young attitude, until you told me I had no idea how old you were, for all I knew you could have been 25! (Well, until I found out you had grown children!)

[marquee]HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINZA, & MANY MANY MORE!!! NOW DROP & GIVE ME 20!!! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy[/marquee]

Ruth
(The Evil Lady's Protegee!)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 03:23PM (Est)[/font][p]Oh Ruth!
20? not 50!!
going soft on me!!

Its my birthday so I think its you who must give me 20!!!

Thanks for being such a good penpal and making me feel so Wonderfully Evil! Love knowing i do some good under that guise

Happy, Happy! You're just gettin' better! Enjoy the day, and eat lots of cake without guilt.:7:9

Defat This!

Eat cake without guilt?

maybe if you made the cake !

my favorite cake is "Pastel de Tres Leches" From Spain (i think)... its a creamy custardy cake made with 3 kinds of cream - milks and butter .... a little alcohol .....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...and only enough flour to keep it from running into a puddle.
I take tiny melt in my mouth bites with tiny sips of an espresso latte....
I eat this at a restaurant so i can only get one piece at a time.... once every couple of months.

could you take out your magic wand and defat this for me Honeybunch!!

Thank you for the
Happy!! Happy!!
Same to you!

RE: Defat This!

Could you give me the recipe, and I'll see what I can do.

Ah.. i dont think the bakery would give up the recipe.....they would lose me as a customer!! They KNOW i LOVE this one...I always praise them when i see it out.... mostly i just look lovingly at it but i buy a piece every couple of months.....and maybe once a year i forget the guilt...

I should look it up on the net and see if anyone else knows of it.

Thanks! i will let you know if i find it.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! :)

I am one of the over 50 crowd too, and I want to say I agree with Ruth that your posts sound very energetic and lively and could very well be from someone much younger. Age is only a number. I know a very vibrant 90 year old lady who lives a very full and active life. She has been blessed with good health, but I think it is her attitude towards life that really makes her shine. See......you have 40 or more years left!

We had a cake called Tres Leches when we were in Guatemala. If I find the recipe, I'll post it and maybe your could tell if it is the same thing. It is a very sweet cake :9 so you don't want really big pieces.

I hope I find it.......I think you could have a challenge here to convert this one Honeybunch!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-01 AT 07:11PM (Est)[/font][p]
Tres Leches!!
thank you Susan. Its my favorite food!!
South American, that sounds possible.

I have a feeling if we let Honey Bunch take the fat out all we will have left will be air and a spoon ful of skim milk.

But lets give HB a shot at it...She is famous around here for making the dinner table a safer environment!

Everyone says i "sound" younger than i am !!
thats quite amusing...
its really an interesting point to consider .
I look much younger than i am so i am used to people thinking i am in my 30's (i have men try to date me who dont know i have a son their age) ...
But It's quite a different thing to hear the forum people be surprised at my age without even seeing me!

I think I have just refused to get old..
total denial works!

Cinza - have a great birthday. I'm only 2 years behind you and you are certainly right when you say fitness is the best revenge. Best Wishes Mary

thank you Mary!
its been a special day checking the the thread to see who says hello!

Thank You Everyone! I really value the kindness and sense of kinship on this forum.

Thank You Ruth ...
You'll thank me one day yourself!!!

:-gloat <<thats' the gloating one :)

I can't find my recipe anywhere but......I looked up Tres Leches on my search engine and founds lots of recipes for it! :9

There must have been 35 or more! All those eggs and lots of butter.... all those sweet milks and sugar.....I think I gained 5 pounds just reading the recipes! I can copy some off and post them here but maybe you or Honeybunch can access them yourselves.....if you can't I'd be glad to do it...there were just so many it would be difficult to choose which one to pick!

Thanks for helping me clean out my recipe file......if you can count the way I keep my loose recipes a file! :)

Hope that you had a wonderful birthday!

Defat This?...no way Jose!

Thank you!
if you found them online i will too.

but if you cook up some... please report!
by the way..
Tres Leches is good for you.. all that milk and eggs... !!

Hey Cinza!

[marquee]HAPPY BELATED 50th!!!!:) :) :)[/marquee]

Sorry, I'm a little late with my wish but didn't want your SPECIAL time to go by without a great big happy wish from me!!! Keep up the great work Cinza! You inspire so many!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Hey Cinza!

Have no fear Debbie...your wishes are timely..
and
Its good to hear i inspire as well as torment!!

}>

your friend in fitness and DANCE!! my plan...dance when ever you can!

RE: Defat This?...no way Jose!

I found the recipe, and I'm sure I can do something with it! I have one question about the topping. Is it whipped cream? My recipe calls for "heavy whipping cream combined with sugar", but doesn't actually say to whip it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.