Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

A "good" blow dryer?

This is a discussion on A "good" blow dryer? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I've been thinking about spending $$ on a better blow dryer. Mine have always been Target purchases but have read ...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Cathlete
jcm's Profile Fields

Default A "good" blow dryer?

I've been thinking about spending $$ on a better blow dryer. Mine have always been Target purchases but have read more expensive ones are worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've looked ar a Rusk and Babybliss - both around $80. Worth it or no?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Cathlete
PhyllisG's Profile Fields

Get a professional dryer. I can't begin to say how much better they are. I bought a Solano years ago and love it. It cost around $100 but that was a while ago. Suddenly everyone in the family wanted to use that dryer. All the others were abandoned. I am sure amazon must sell them. I got mine thru my hairdresser. I also know that beauty supply stores that cater to hairdressers etc. sell them.
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Cathlete

The current blow dryer I have is the best I have ever owned. It's not cheap, but its worth it.

T3 Featherweight 2: Shop Dryers | Sephora
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Cathlete
melagras's Profile Fields

I tried the T3 and it made my hair too soft. I have a head full of baby fine hair. I use one of the blow dryers from Sally's Beauty Supply (can't remember the name at the moment). You'll probably have to try several different brands before you find the right one. Make sure you purchase from a retailer that has a good return policy.
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Catheite
*~Jessica~*'s Profile Fields

Ive been a HUGE fan of Babyliss Pro dryers! I still have the one I purchased 5 yrs ago, but is now my daughters! I went out on a larger limb and bought the Babyliss Pro V2 Volare and love it A bit on the pricey side, but ... its nice
Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Cathlete

Another vote for Solano. I have Solano The Original (I think that's the name). I got it from Folica.com (cheapest price, reputable seller...you know you're not getting a fake).

Folica often has deals. Right now you can get free shipping and 15% off w/this code: FOLICANEWYEARCODE or they're having some kind of rebate program where you can get $40 off for recycling your hair dryer or flat iron. Plus the Solano is on sale. Seriously, this would be a great deal. In addition, Folica usually has a good rebate through eBates if you use that.

I was using a Conair Infinity, which was perfectly fine. The Solano is great! More shine, less frizz, fast drying. In my opinion, the only downside is that is has a really long cord, which is, I suppose, because it's made for professional use.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Cathlete
jcm's Profile Fields

Thanks for the input! I never thought it really made a difference! This is the first time in 20 years my hair has been past my shoulders so that's prompted me looking into it. I had looked at a Babybliss, hadn't heard of Solano and never knew a dryer could make your hair too soft! My hair is fine, which is why I've always kept it shorter. Looks like I'll be making an investment! How do I explain this to the DH ...

Jenny
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Professional blow dryers are great. They make a HUGE difference. Here is the company I order from if you are interested....

Misikko Sitewide BLOWOUT
(VIP MEMBERS ONLY!)

We have a special for our V.I.P. Members ONLY! Today Only receive $10 OFF ANY ORDER over $100 (Use code
SMOOTH10)
This is just another way we want to show you that this is much more than a business to us...

Hair is our Passion!

HANA Professional
Flat Iron 1"

Price: $204.99
Sale Price: $129.98

TODAY'S Price: $119.98
HANAair Professional Hair Dryer

Price: $314.99
Sale Price: $194.99

TODAY'S Price: $184.99
Croc Black Nano Titanium 1.5''

Price: $160.00
Sale Price: $124.99

TODAY'S Price: $114.99

DirtDiva and AYLE09 like this.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Cathlete
mspina's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to mspina

Oy. I wasn't even in the market for a new blowdryer, but I *am* growing out my hair and always looking for ways to keep it looking good and healthy.

So, I couldn't resist the link Cathe provided to the HANAair, which got INCREDIBLE reviews. If anyone else pulls the trigger, if you use this link: My hair is even better than hers! :P we'll both get $25 off. But it's only good until Jan 10, so be impulsive and act fast.

ETA: I didn't come up with that link title, that was the site that provided it!!!! Kinda funny though...
Old 01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Cathlete

The Solano I had (I've since replaced it with something I got at BBB, only because I wasn't near a professional store), was recommended to me by my stylist. He has worked at numerous very high end salons in NY and has celebrity clientele, and is what he recommended. I actually bought it at a professional store.