A "good" blow dryer?

I'm actually thinking I might return the FHI they sent for a Solano. It's great, but at 2000 watts I think it's too much power for my fine hair. And I'm not sure that Cathe was recommending the Hana, just that Misikko was the site she ordered from. But maybe I interpreted that wrong. But as far as professional dryers - big difference.

Jen

I'm actually thinking I might return the FHI they sent for a Solano. It's great, but at 2000 watts I think it's too much power for my fine hair. And I'm not sure that Cathe was recommending the Hana, just that Misikko was the site she ordered from. But maybe I interpreted that wrong. But as far as professional dryers - big difference.

Jen

Jen, this is what I was going round and round with too. I have fine textured hair and its down my back, and I never blow it on high because of knots. The SuperSolano Original is 1850 watts and it pretty much fits everything I'm looking for. Its still in the shipping phase, will take forever through smartpost , I should get it Tuesday.

I received the Hana on Monday and then left on a trip Tuesday so I only had a chance to use it once. I have long-ish fine hair, and lots of it. The drying time was definitely quicker and it left my hair very soft and shiny.

The packaging was beautiful. I took pictures too, Michelle. My husband was there thinking it was all a little over-the-top (it is a hair dryer, after all), but it was fun to open everything.

Thanks for the recommendation, Cathe. I really think I'm going to love the results.

Michelle

Jen

She does have the Hana, and loves it, but she also has others. :)

Does the "Solano the Original" still leave your hair soft with less frizz?

My hair was already unbelievable soft/silky (thanks to Cathe's Wen recommendation), but I think it actually is even silkier, but it's also shinier and I have less frizz, which is most important to me. My hair is fine, but also thick and wavy (maybe it even qualifies as curly), so it has a tendency to "frizz" because my hair is so light and wants to curl. For me, Wen helped a lot with that and the Solano was really the finishing touch. My hair has never looked this good.

Prior to this experience, I would say a hair dryer is a hair dryer is a hair dryer. It took some serious convincing for me to shell out the money for a "fancy" hair dryer, and I was delighted to be proven wrong.

I haven't used any other professional dryer, so I can only compare the Solano to my previous blow dryer (Conair Infinity). I have no idea what this dryer does that makes it work so much better. Maybe is filled with tiny elves who blow in unison to give me magical looking hair? Seriously, it's a mystery to me, it just works better!

I'd love to do a side by side test with the Hanna!

I have no idea what this dryer does that makes it work so much better. Maybe is filled with tiny elves who blow in unison to give me magical looking hair? Seriously, it's a mystery to me, it just works better!

I'd love to do a side by side test with the Hanna!

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering because the description didn't mention anything about ions, but that Folica deal is a really good one! I don't care if it is elves, as long as it works.:D

LOVE the Hana! :D I have fine hair with lots of frizzies :rolleyes:. This hair dryer made my hair very smooth and silky (although I did run over my hair with the flat iron also). I used their hair serum, which I thought was very nice. The Hana is the exact same shape and size of my Hot Tools dryer, but the Hana is a little heavier. The packaging and gifts were a nice touch. The emery boards are awesome, hand sanitizer is always handy, and I like the eyelash curler. I felt guilty throwing away the candy :eek:, but I don't eat it. I figured if I won't eat it, why would I give it to anyone else? So, I tossed it. :eek: I look forward to my future hair appointments to see if my hairdressers notice any difference.

Folica.com has a 30% coupon good for a few more hours. Coupon code best30. It cannot be combined with the recycle promotion though.

Who knew I (we?) would waste this much energy on hair dryers! Decided to mail my FHI Heat today. In my impatience I picked up a Solano 3300xtralite at Ulta a few days ago and really like it. It's 1800 watts and feels like I have more control. The FHI seemed like a nice dryer but a bit too powerful for my hair.

Who knew I (we?) would waste this much energy on hair dryers! Decided to mail my FHI Heat today. In my impatience I picked up a Solano 3300xtralite at Ulta a few days ago and really like it. It's 1800 watts and feels like I have more control. The FHI seemed like a nice dryer but a bit too powerful for my hair.

I've been using the SuperSolano for a week now and I'm very happy with it. I've learned that if you have it set on low speed, the warm and hot setting are relatively *low* also, which is what I want. If I put it on high speed, the warm and hot settings are also higher in both respects. Good luck!

There are so many Solano models, but I think I recall that the SuperSolano didn't have ions. And I think it has 75 more watts than my 3300 xtra lite. I was on the fence between that and a Sedu Ulta carried that had a feature to turn the ions on or off. I just couldn't find enough info on the Sedu so I went with the Solano. They were the same price. I just spend $11.50 mailing my FHI back to Misikko. I don't hold them responsible at all - I should have stuck with my instinct that the 2000 watts was too high and been more patient and waited for the Solano (forget which model) to be back in stock. I just figured that if I kept changing my mind and shipping dryers back and forth they started to get even more expensive!

Jen

I've been using the SuperSolano for a week now and I'm very happy with it. I've learned that if you have it set on low speed, the warm and hot setting are relatively *low* also, which is what I want. If I put it on high speed, the warm and hot settings are also higher in both respects. Good luck!

I'm really glad you like it! :)

What is the difference between the Solano and the Super Solano?

Elsie3 -

Solano offers several models...here's some info on the two models that have been discussed here:

Super Solano the original:

Features

Includes two narrow fiberglass concentrators for optimal drying, styling, and straightening
Far infrared heat gently dries the hair from the inside out
Ceramic thermal grill offers consistent heat temperatures
Tourmaline for added shine, smoothness of hair, and reduction of fly-aways
Silver Nanotechnology inhibits bacterial growth
2 speeds and 3 temperature settings allow for design creativity when drying
High velocity motor provides extreme airflow pressure
Cold button sets and keeps the style
Low EMF (electronic magnetic fields) emissions
Long life with a lightweight motor that is gyroscopically balanced with low noise
Removable filter for easy cleaning
Extra long, heavy duty 11.5 foot cord with hanging ring
Available in solid black or red and black combined
Actual weight of dryer is 1.29 lbs

Oops, just forgot the model name of the other ne...back in a minute...

And here's some info on the 3300 Xtrain lite:

lightweight & powerful
lightweight DC motor for less weight while styling
ceramic distributes heat more evenly
ionic improves moisture in the hair while minimizing static electricity
far infrared heat dries hair from the inside out for overall healthier hair
tourmaline adds shine and smoothes hair while minimizing fly-aways
low EMF for improved environmental conditions
includes 2 concentrators

There are so many Solano models, but I think I recall that the SuperSolano didn't have ions. And I think it has 75 more watts than my 3300 xtra lite. I was on the fence between that and a Sedu Ulta carried that had a feature to turn the ions on or off. I just couldn't find enough info on the Sedu so I went with the Solano. They were the same price. I just spend $11.50 mailing my FHI back to Misikko. I don't hold them responsible at all - I should have stuck with my instinct that the 2000 watts was too high and been more patient and waited for the Solano (forget which model) to be back in stock. I just figured that if I kept changing my mind and shipping dryers back and forth they started to get even more expensive!

Jen

And do you like it? I hope so! Do you feel it was worth the money? You know how I feel... :)

Hubby got me a valentines package with the Hana dryer and I tried it today and wow, love it! My old cheap conair doesn't even compare!! Thanks for this thread!

Denise

After spending a ridiculous amount of time researching dryers (my wrist hurts!!) I ordered a Solano 3500 from the place Cathe suggested. YIKES!! Hope it's worth it :)

So you ended up with the 3300 Xtralite? If I may ask, what made you choose that over the 3500?

The 3500 or 3600 was actually my first choice from Misikko, but it was backordered so they substituted the FHI for it. After spending money to ship the FHI back I was hesitant to try another one I couldn't return locally. Ulta here carried the SuperSolano and the one I got. That's really the only reason. I do really like it and definitely feel the wattage feels more manageable with my fine hair. I probably would have gone with the one from Misikko but I figured if I kept spending $11 to ship dryers back an expensive dryer would be that much more expensive! I think the most valuable thing I learned is to keep my wattage 1875 or a bit lower. Do wish it came with a diffuser but think it's a keeper. It doesn't have the heavy duty motor some have (is it AC?) and that's what makes it lighter. I haven't accidentally pushed the buttons while drying so they must be in the right place!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.