Getting back in shape

dustbunny2

I had a baby 8 months ago and I have really let myself go. I am looking to get back in shape but right now I can't do many of my beloved Cathe DVDs. I am looking for recommendations for something to get me back on track. I was looking into PIYO and considering it, but I hated Recharge in the Chalean Extreme and I am worried they will be too similar. I also started looking into Jillian Micheals Body Revolution. What do you ladies think of it? Is it really that different from her other circuit DVDs? I already own several do them and quite a few are free to stream with Amazon Prime. I am looking for something low impact, at least in the beginning, and around 30 minutes, my little one is not a very good napper!

Thanks for the suggestions!

No need to spend any more $. Just modify select workouts from your existing Cathe library.

1) Low Max:
just the cardio step portions. Gradually add in some of the easier intervals and work up to the whole program.

2) any weight training DVD, like Muscle Endurance, Muscle Max, Power Hour, High Reps:
you can do these, just start with much lower weights than you were used to using with these DVDs.

3) Choose other workouts from the Low Impact Series:
low impact step, gliding disc work, you can do these, just do as much of the program as you are ready for and build.

4) Xtrain:
you can do sections of the All Out Low Impact DVD, just don't try all of it, work up to all of it. You could do all the weights work from this series, just lower weights. It doesn't matter.

The point is: you don't have to waste $ buying more workouts, telling yourself that you can't do Cathe "until you are ready for her workouts." Doing Cathe's workouts will prepare you to do more Cathe workouts, more challenging ones, etc. Do all the kickbox and MMA stuff from the shock cardio series, why not?

Start at your level, do as much as you can, build on daily progress. Save $ for future Cathe releases! Or a cute dress to spoil yourself in a few months' time, when you feel more like your old self.

Wishing you well,

Clare

Thanks for the advice. I was looking through the rotation forum and found the easier gentler XTrain rotation and I think it will be perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.