Floor steam cleaners

Worknprogress

Cathlete
I did a search and read up on some past feedback on floor steam cleaners but they are a couple years old and I am hoping that there are more options and more info plus reviews on them.

I got a Shark Steam cleaner for my floors for Christmas (was on my list) and after using it on my ceramic tile I am disappointed. I felt that it should have done a much better job.

I had Stanley Steamer out a couple of months ago and they used a steamer on my ceramic floor that not only cleaned the tile but the grout looked almost back to its original color.

Of course, I did not expect the Shark to perform like a commercial model but I didn't think it even did that good of a job on the tile, much less the grout.

Anybody have a floor steam cleaner that you really like? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I run a house cleaning business, and the two I use are the Haan and the Eureka Envirosteamer. Both are fantastic, but the Haan is my favorite. You can get them both on Amazon. The key to using them correctly is letting them heat up for at least two whole minutes between refills or you will get leakage. You dont have to pump these to get steam, and you can get about 15-20 minutes of steam on one tank before you need to refill. Use only with distilled water!! Tap water will ruin the inside.

I have a Haan I got from QVC and love it!! It does an amazing job and is quick and easy to use.

Hi,

I am also interested in a steam cleaner, specifically for ceramic tile grout. Which model Haan? I see on Amazon there are a few listed. \

I use the Haan FS 50. It's worth the few extra dollars. I don't refurbish grout as one of my services, but I have seen commercial grout steamers on the expensive industrial steamers. They are really pricey! You could have a pro do it for you for the same price, I'm sure.

I like the the floor pads on the Haan better. They are really nice. It also has a great ergonomic handle that can be removed so you can use the steamer head to steam countertops. Both the Eureka and Haan have the same amount of steam vents, but the Haan gets hotter. FYI, the 30 steam vents on both models are directed toward the floor so there is little to no visible steam as you clean. The Shark only has nine vents and leaks steam out the sides because, for some stupid reason, it has steam vents on the side of the cleaner. ??? I know some of the reviews I've read on the Haan and Eureka have been negative because the person couldn't "see" the steam. The Eureka and Haan both do a fabulous job, so you will be happy with whatever one you decide on.

Last edited:
Hi,

If they don't do grout, I would not purchase. That is the main reason I would want to get one.

Eureka used to make a grout attachment for their model, but that was about ten years ago. They still might. They used to sell it on HSN and QVC. Haan makes lots of steam cleaning products so it would be worth checking their website.

Thank you for posting this info...I am in the market also for a steamer. I bought one just before Christmas. (need to return!) It has a BIG head on the main part and won't fit under my cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms. My daughter has the H2O mop and loves it. Has anyone tried it? I'm wondering how it compares to the Haan and the Eureka?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.