Favorite activewear brands

NRGWoman

Cathlete
Hi all,

As many of you know I have had an aweful year healthwise. As the drama continues I had another horrible day at the hospital yesterday. I can't sleep, can't workout, so what's a girl to do??? Watch Kick, Punch and Crunch on Fittv of course. As I lay here dreaming of the day I can once again workout (with Cathe or any way) I am also dreaming of new and ultra cute workout clothes. So I pose this question to the best group of enablers I know...what is your favorite brand of activewear?

Shayne

Hi Shayne.

So sorry to hear that your health issues continue. (((hugs))) and healing vibes are being sent your way!

As far as work out clothes go...I hate spending bocu bucks but still want to look cute so I like to shop at Target: they carry Champion-some great stuff! I also like Kohls to pick up other more expensive brands like Nike when they go on sale and I have a coupon. ;)

HTH!

Hi Shayne! Wow, you have such a great attitude for someone going thru such a rough time. My thoughts & prayers are with you for a full, speedy recovery. I, too, love to shop Kohl's for cheaper prices on Nike, Addidas, Reebok....they are always running sales & coupon deals. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Get Well SOON!!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Dick's will have good sales now and again and I really like their tops. But I am also slowly becoming a Nike convert too! :)

Gayle

Hope you are up and about very soon!

My favorite workout pants come from sandiegofit.com the Brasil Sul line is awesome and make your butt look really good.;)

I really like Nike. You can't find better quality. It can be pricey but I shop at the Nike outlet or sale racks at Dicks.

Jo

Shayne, I don't know about "cute", but for me, Adidas carries the softest most comfy workout clothes. The fabric is called "climalite" and it just feels soooo good. You can see them in my avatar.

Sending lots of get well wishes your way!

I'm a Target (Champion brand) & Kohl's (TekGear & other brands) shopper too. I run and sweat a lot so I make sure to get the dry-wick material. I've also found that I really like the St. John's Bay active wear from JC Penney's. I also check my local running store and can sometimes get some really discounted running shorts & tanks there also. HTH!

And sorry you've been having a rough time. ((HUGS))

Im one of those poeple that has to have a fitting, matching outfit when I workout :)
I asked my boyfriend if he thought that was lame, conceited or twisted. He said, "Well, people workout to look a certain way..."
Made sense. I don't dress but the same evryday and I don't flaunt myself much, dirty low rise jeans and a tank top is my outfit everyday hehe.
But for some ODD reason, I really like to look good when Im working out. I look my best usually then so I like to see the tight fit and what my body really does look like at it's best (you know.. biceps bulging and whatnot :)
I like the Nina Bucci brand, they are very pricy but can be found on eBay cheaper. There's a website that sell a lot of their "last season" items for 50% off, so Ive never actually paid full price for any of them.
I also like Bia Brazil (also pricy). I have definitly splerged a few times in the past for these, but it's only a couple items to make a weeks worth of workout wear (don't workout everyday) and it's worth it to ME.
Im short and odd shaped (not really lol) and I am very snobby about how things fit me, so when something works I have to take advantage.
After the 06 video's I was stoked to get the Oh My Bod outfits with the V front-- and I still wear the rollover pants Cathe wore in the Butt's n Guts" video to skate practice (they hold up real well).
AND I was stoked to get the KOS USA outfits she wore before that (I have the GREEN one and am hoping to get the purple one before they get rid of them!)
Adidas and Nike are good too, I like their sports bra's, but I find it hard for me to find things from them that fit the way I like them too :(
Adidas does have some GREAT track suits though.. I have a few ;)

Another shout out for Bia Brazil. I have several pairs, they are one size fits most which is weird,but even though I am 5'7' they work on me, I think they are worth it as they hold up better than alot of other brands. Nike pants do not fit me right, the mediums are too big, the smalls too small and too short.But I like their tops and shorts.

OHHHHH
A fashion thread and I'm back Late to it!!! Oh no!

I shall settle, and take that deep breath.

Tneah, you are obviously my fashion twin sister. I love sandiegofit too. Sometimes a bit pricey.

Here in Australia I've found Lorna Jane. Fabulous work out gear. Especially the pants they fit me, I'm a shorty 5'3 really well, they also fit around the waist, not too loose. Very comfy too!

I bought champion bra as a result of reading about them on Cathe.com, they are o.k. But Lorna Jane is so far the comfyiest I've tried.

Shayne, sorry to hear you are unwell. I've missed your "sickies" posts, Its a real bummer when your year is one thing after another, after another. It becomes very "boring" after a while.

Andrea
self appointed Cathe.com fashion police :)

Nina Bucci and Bia Brazil

I love Nina Bucci and Bia Brazil! I just bought another outfit from Nina Bucci a couple of weeks ago.

What site offers the "last season" items for 50% off?
Lorrayne

RE: Nina Bucci and Bia Brazil

I absolutely love Champion from Target. They wear well, wash well, wick well, and look great. And they aren't expensive! I just bought a pair pants that I don't want to take off! I'm tall (5'10") and these pants actually touch the bottom of my shoe! I can't tell you how nice it is to workout in something beside high-waters!! Good luck and hope things get better for you soon.

I too like Nina Buccia and Bia Brazil. They are awesome, and what it does for your butt is amazing. Being in Australia makes it hard to get these brands... I was just doing a search and found a company in Oz that is bringing these brands out here. Yippee!

Gym Funky (http://www.gymfunky.com.au) and it looks like they are going to have an online store too.

Fee73

One Step Ahead & Nike for me. I get OSA from sandiegofit.com. Their supplex is the softest, most comfortable clothing I've ever worn, & it dries super fast. I love to mix & match their tops & bottoms. I'm addicted to their curved waist pants, & when I called sandiegofit.com to ask if they came in capris they ordered them special for me. I just got them Saturday. :)

I get the Champion stuff from Target and have found an occasional item at a consignment or thrift store. I cannot afford anything more expensive, but I really like the Champion stuff! :)

Mary

I love the Old Navy yoga pants. I think they are about $16 and they are great quality and very comfortable.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.