Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Fan in Your Workout Room

This is a discussion on Fan in Your Workout Room within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Do any of you have an air-circulating fan in your exercise room? I just moved and am creating my Cathe ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Catheite
meredith's Profile Fields

Default Fan in Your Workout Room

Do any of you have an air-circulating fan in your exercise room? I just moved and am creating my Cathe Taj-Mahal in our new basement. But to properly do IMax 3, I need a good fan. A ceiling fan will not work. If you have one you like, tell me what type and brand. Is it a box fan or an oscillating? Is it on a stand or just the floor?

TIA!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Cathlete
cecil's Profile Fields

Default RE: Fan in Your Workout Room

Hello, I have 2 oscillating fans that sit on the floor, they are cheap brands that I got from target. I get very hot and sweaty so I need 2 fans and sometimes I think I could use more!! I love the oscillating fans. HTH

Lisa
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Cathlete
lederr's Profile Fields

Stand on the floor oscillating with remote control.

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him."-Buddha
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Cathlete
CollinsMom's Profile Fields

I use a box fan, and I put it up on a small table so it is high enough to blow on me from my waist up. A fan in the workout space is a MUST!
*OBX Mara1/2thon 11.8.09 2:22:32

Old 06-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Cathlete
teddy16410's Profile Fields

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HAWAIIAN-BRE...QQcmdZViewItem

This is type I use throughout the house.... I find them at Target & Walmart... They oscilate but are quite and dont take a lot of room
Rumi
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Cathlete

I've had this fan ever since I started working out with Cathe and it is the only type I think I'll ever use. It is powerful (only the HOTTEST, most muggy day's have I ever used level 3), it is relatively small and light, it is sturdy, and pretty inexpensive. I can't recommend it enough. You can purchase these types of fans at most hardware stores, I think they're usually called "shop fans" or something similar. Look for keywords like high velocity or wind tunnel.

Here's a nextag.com link to a whole bunch:

http://www.nextag.com/high-velocity-fan/search-html

Stay cool!

Mattea:)
Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Cathlete
Timber99's Profile Fields

I have a cheapy box fan that I got at Walgreens. I tip it upward, towards me and put it on high! I also have an oscillating one but I have yet to use that one in my new house. Fans are a must....!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Catheite
violinga1's Profile Fields

http://www.lampsplus.com/Products/ce...99@@@99/70451/

We're moving in a few weeks and my new exercise room has this fan in it. I tried it out and it rotates and it's like a hurricane in that room! Very effective for getting that air moving!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Catheite
meredith's Profile Fields

Those are great - thanks. I am surprised at all the variety. Looks like lots of fans work well, just gotta get one!
Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Cathlete
mommacody's Profile Fields

i have a large box fan that we took from my in laws, it's got to be 30 years old, so i don't know much about it. it's just a basic box fan that i put on top of the dvd cabinet so that it's head and shoulder level with me while i workout.