Fan in Your Workout Room

meredith

Cathlete
Do any of you have an air-circulating fan in your exercise room? I just moved and am creating my Cathe Taj-Mahal in our new basement. But to properly do IMax 3, I need a good fan. A ceiling fan will not work. If you have one you like, tell me what type and brand. Is it a box fan or an oscillating? Is it on a stand or just the floor?

TIA!

Hello, I have 2 oscillating fans that sit on the floor, they are cheap brands that I got from target. I get very hot and sweaty so I need 2 fans and sometimes I think I could use more!! I love the oscillating fans. HTH

Lisa

I use a box fan, and I put it up on a small table so it is high enough to blow on me from my waist up. A fan in the workout space is a MUST!

I've had this fan ever since I started working out with Cathe and it is the only type I think I'll ever use. It is powerful (only the HOTTEST, most muggy day's have I ever used level 3), it is relatively small and light, it is sturdy, and pretty inexpensive. I can't recommend it enough. You can purchase these types of fans at most hardware stores, I think they're usually called "shop fans" or something similar. Look for keywords like high velocity or wind tunnel.

Here's a nextag.com link to a whole bunch:

http://www.nextag.com/high-velocity-fan/search-html

Stay cool!

Mattea:)

I have a cheapy box fan that I got at Walgreens. I tip it upward, towards me and put it on high! I also have an oscillating one but I have yet to use that one in my new house. Fans are a must....!

Those are great - thanks. I am surprised at all the variety. Looks like lots of fans work well, just gotta get one!

i have a large box fan that we took from my in laws, it's got to be 30 years old, so i don't know much about it. it's just a basic box fan that i put on top of the dvd cabinet so that it's head and shoulder level with me while i workout.

Mine is a floor model and oscillating. I don't think I could make it through the workouts without it especially in the summer months.

I use a ceiling fan and a double side by side window fan for most most of the year but when summer hits I use the a/c and the ceiling fan!:)

Even though I have a perfectly good workout room in my basement (with an oscillating fan), I like to do my cathe stuff in my living room. The treadmill and elliptical take up a lot of room in the basement. Anyway, I haven't put the fan in the living room. Instead, I just turn the AC down really low. I figure it's only for a little while so it can't hurt!

I have a box fan that I prop in the open window. Cheap Wal Mart fan.

I used to have an air conditioner when my workout room was the smaller bedroom in the house. But we moved the workout room to the master bedroom, but the AC satyed behind :(

Charlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.