Daily Check in 04/08

Morning!! I guess I'm the early bird today bit it won't get me the worm because there's SNOW on the groundx( I'm sure it won't last until noon, the sun is shining but still....x(

After I finish this wonderful smelling coffee I'm going to attempt TLT Endurance for Movement for the first time.

I have to work this morning but when I come home our new couch will be here and I'm very excited. I'm looking forward to re-arranging the furniture, it just freshens everything up.

Have a great day to all that follow!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Daily Check-in

Good morning! I am so glad it is the weekend. :) I thoroughly enjoyed my rest day yesterday. I am really looking forward to Fridays now and loving the weekly break. It is actually more of a mental rest than a physical one. Getting to sleep in an hour later is great too.

My mentor wanted to go to Wendy’s for dinner last night, and I went with her. I just ate a plain baked potato and drank a bottle of water. I can eat fast food now and stay on track too! I am finally mastering the art of eating out without trashing out. She acquired a Core Secrets stability ball, and that thing is huge. There is no way I would want a 65 cm ball. She tried to do pikes and could not do one, so I do not feel bad about not being able to do one yet. She is very lean and fit with a strong upper body.

I am ready to do DanceWorks or Strength in Movement this morning. I only have time for one and need to pick one soon! I am up this early because I am planning to spend my Saturday morning at the zoo with a group of friends, and I am really looking forward to it. We have a beautiful natural-habitat zoo on 52 acres by the river complete with waterfalls, lakes, and ponds. It is a delight to visit. I have not been since the cougars and otters arrived, and I am very excited! :7 A new butterfly garden has been added too.

Summer has arrived. Yes, you read that right. Spring (our one week of it!) has come and gone, and it is getting hot in Texas. I cannot believe that some of you are talking about snow in April! If you need some warm air and sunshine, let me know. I will send some your way. I am sorry that you are still dealing with cold weather. As for me, I am melting like a snowman on the 4th of July. :7 Literally. The pants I finally fit into Sunday night are getting loose on me now. I can fit into my petite size 14 jeans straight out of the dryer. I dropped another pound this week for a total of 6 pounds in 3 weeks of my cardio and circuit training rotation. Pretty impressive for such a gentler approach! The numbers do not tell the whole story. I caught a glimpse of myself in a full-length mirror after my bubble bath last night and was blown away. I have curves again. I still have big hips, but I can see evidence of a waistline for the first time in a long time. There is still a lot of fat clinging to my body, but it is looking much better than the shapeless lump of clay that was staring back at me a few weeks ago. I always avoided mirrors and never imagined that I would be inspired by what I see (especially at this size and straight from my bubble bath!), but I think of my body as a work of art in process. I am clay in the Potter’s hand. It is exciting to watch the transformation! :7

Caitlin, I highly recommend the Terminator. The workouts on that DVD add a freshness to my favorite Intensity Series workouts. In fact, I am thinking about buying the whole series on DVD now that I have a taste for premixes and can finally see how mixing up the workouts makes them feel like something brand new. I am relatively new to Cathe’s workouts. I just started working out with her last year, and most of my collection came from the VHS sale because I just bought a DVD player last month. No need to apologize about short posts. You are free to write as much or as little as you desire. No pressure here. I have more time to respond on some days and less time to respond on others. I think most of us feel the same way.

Pamela, I am so sorry for your loss. :-( You and your husband will remain in my prayers as well as your friend’s family.

Lisa, I am an endomorph too. What works for me is circuit training 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week (on alternating days) with a complete rest day once a week. I try to make one of those cardio workouts an interval workout. Endomorphs do not shed fat readily, but most of us are able to build muscle. A 3-day split with little cardio is the worst thing I can do right now. I tried a Slow and Heavy rotation with less cardio in December and ended up with more muscle under a thick layer of fat. I was impressed that I was able to lift heavier weights after just a few weeks. That ability to gain muscle will be an asset when my body fat is in a heathy range. When I get closer to my goal weight, I will start focusing on building muscle again. Right now, I just want to maintain the lean muscle mass I already have and burn the fat. For me that requires cardio, cardio, cardio. Cathe’s circuit workouts are great. Personally, a plant-based style of eating with little to no animal protein is what blesses my body the most. Clean eating, carbs, cardio, and circuit training are keys for me. And consistency!

Laurie, I look forward to reading your review of Endurance for Movement. I only have Strength in Movement so far and would like to add one more to my collection. I am not interested in Finding Your Core, so that leaves Tracie’s workouts. Let me know which one you like more and why. Which one has more cardio? Which one requires less core strength?

I hope everyone has a delightful weekend!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Daily Check-in

Good morning ladies!

It's brilliant and sunny here today and is supposed to warm up a little.

I plan to go for a short run later, as I didn't get one in yesterday because of the weather.

I will also be doing GS C&T and maybe BSB too, if I have time. Tons to do today!

Happy Saturday!

Good Morning Fit Friends!

I plan on a run today, but my weekends are full and I just try my best to fit in a workout! So we'll see.

Thank you so much for all your notes about Snuggles. He was just very special, involved in our family in so many ways that the loss is huge. Your kind comments helped. I plan to get a few pictures of him added to my picture trail over the weekend.

Pamela, what a shock . You and your husband and of course your friends family are in my prayers.

Have a good Saturday!!

Mornin' fellow Catheites.

No work out for me today...I'm sick. x(
I was considering resting today instead of tomorrow anyway so I guess this works out well but I still don't want to be sick. x( x(
I also have DOMS from MM...great...and it seems to be magnified by the fact that I don't feel well on top of it. Go me. LOL

Sorry to be a downer...oh, btw, to top it off...no sun here, raining, ugh!

I'm gonna go work on gettin' happy now!:p

Good morning ladies

Laurie, do you have al the TLT's?

Heather...I do want your sunshine!!!! We have had so much rain and I think we had spring back in Feb as we only get about a week too. I know when this rain finally stops it'll be 100 degrees in about 3 days!! Congrats on your great results...

Shelley hope your run is a good one

Becky...enjoy your jun too. When I had to put my last dog "Amy" down 2 weeks ago, I also went thru some pics of her. Found an awesome one and I posted alot on my Picture trail...made me feel better...:)

Sorry Wendy...being sick is no fun....we have rain the whole weekend...:(...I was looking at your Joey pics last night...what a cute little guy. Love the pic of Joey, Clyde and your DH crashed out on the couch!!!

Pamela...I am so sorry about your good friend. My thoughts and prayers for you and your DH...and your friends family..

I am doing Kickbox of some kind, abs and legwork.

Have a great day...:)

Carole,

Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL! Amy looks very much like a dog we had when I was growning up! I'm so sorry she isn't with you anymore!!
How many dogs do you have now?

We have just one cat and she is very lonely. She really didn't act that friendly to Snuggles, although he LOVED her but now she really misses him. She keeps going to where he always was laying and prowling around and crying! And she doesn't want to be left at home alone!!

:-(

Thank you Becky!..:)...We don't have any dogs right now, just 3 cats. Although one of my neighbors dogs, Sadie visits frequently which is nice and she is too cute. I am sure when the weather gets better, we will get 2 puppies...I agree that animals miss the ones that are gone. My 2 inside cats have acted a bit funny...:)

Good morning to all. I'm sorry for all the losses here (Becky and Pamela.) And healing thoughts to all who are sick (Tigger, Shelley recovering?) Laurie, isn't moving furniture considered a weight workout? Heather, the weather and your weekend sound wonderful. Carole, we have cool cloudy weather, but I think the rain is gone. I did HSC yesterday. Shelley, you asked which I preferred, HSC or HSTA. I dislike them both equally! They are so hard! Especially since I hadn't done any workouts like that since before vacation. Today is a cardio day, probably Rhythmic Step. Enjoy the weekend everyone. I'm at work, but there are no bosses around on weekends, so it's a bit more relaxed then weekdays.

Hey Ladies,

Well didn't workout the last couple of days since hubby has been home with me. I guess you can say I was just being lazy! But i am back on today.

So today will be LG floorwork,PS leglifts, and MIS abs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

It is about to rain here!:-(

kim

Good Morning Fit Chicks!!!!

Today I need to burn some calories, so I'm going to do the VIPER}( }( . I also want to do MTV Pilates Mix workout #1.

Kim: Sounds like a tough leg workout today...ouch!

Robin: RS always puts a smile on my face...have fun!

Carole: Enjoy your kickboxing...I am trying to incorporate it into my schedule once a week.

TiGGer: I hope you feel better soon...take care!

Becky: Enjoy your run.

Shelley: I hope you have a good run today with no hip pain (fingers crossed)!

Heather: Enjoy your workout and I hope you have a great weekend too!

Laurie: Let us know how your workout goes.

Hello everyone!
I have this stinking cold. I am still going to do a run though because it is just a head cold, but still annoying. I will do 6 miles today outside since it is finally not raining. I did ME yesterday and I just love that workout! I am so glad it is the weekend. We are taking the girls to Ice Age 2 today hopefully I can control the urge to have a yummy treat :) Have a good weekend everyone!

Susan

Morning ladies! Well, today was my first time doing GS Legs and all I have to say is WHOA!!!! I am going to be in some pain tomorrow! I finished my workout off with a 3 mile run. My legs are fried, but feeling good. Check back with me tomorrow though and we'll see how good they feel!:p Those slow lunges near the end just about did me in!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

hi ladies!!

today i tried the gauntlet and OMG, what a workout. i must admit i couldn't complete the entire workout. i did 60 mins of ia and i am pooped:)

have a great day everyone!

p.s. i didn't have time to check in yesterday, however i completed lowmax.

Hi!

This morning I did IMAX3. I was dreading this one big time, and almost deferred it until Monday. But I did it anyway, and am glad I did. It's really not as bad as my imagination makes up. And now I feel terrific.

Laurie - spring snowfall ;( We received a ton of snow on Easter Sunday 3 years ago. It just ain't right! I'm jealous of all the coffee drinkers; I miss my morning cuppa more than anything. I'll keep Mindy's workouts in mind for when I really want a change from Cathe. So, you didn't know about the dollar houses? There's a whole wack of those red brick homes in the student ghetto that are being sold for a buck, as long as the buyer moves them. Interesting idea. I wonder how much it costs to move a house? Katie didn't do too bad with the time change, I'm happy to report. It's always a tough one, isn't it? I'm loving the longer days, for sure! What colour is the new couch? Is it there yet?

Wendy - I hope you and Joey both get better very soon!

Annette - be sure to tell us the results of your son's MRI.

Jane - very creative way to curb your craving yesterday. I'm glad it worked :)

Pamela - I'm so very sorry to read about your husband's co-worker. That is a tragic, tragic situation. My grandfather died yesterday, too. But it was much less of a shock, as Grandpa had been in long-term care that had recently turned palliative. I feel very badly for the woman's family.

Becky - that is heartbreaking about your cat :-(

Tammy - Enjoy the Viper! I may have to put that one into my rotation this week. It's been too long since I've last done it.

Katie - yes, please do tell us tomorrow how you're feeling! I hope it's a rest day? Those slow lunges are nasty.

Sunnydelite - wow, that's two tough workouts in a row. 60 mins of the Gauntlet is still an awesome workout. Good for you!

Hello to the rest of the gang!
Sandra

I finally got my run in !! Better late than never .:p I ran 4 miles on the treadmill , with w/u and c/d walk a total of 5 1/2 miles.

:D

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!!!

Daily Check-in

I am checking in again mainly to let everyone know not to be concerned if you do not see me around for the next week. From time to time, God interrupts my plans. The time is now. I was planning to do a light Cathe week. It is interesting that next week is the only week of my rotation that was not planned out in detail. I just had tentative plans to do Supersets and Push Pull. As God would have it, I am giving up Cathe and most of my computer time for Passion Week. I will be involved in a Good Friday outreach to women in the adult entertainment industry, and I need to get my spiritual game face and armor on and prepare my heart. I will be doing a lot of prayer walking and possibly jogging in the pool at the club. That will likely be my only exercise for the week. I have a history of gaining weight when I take a break from Cathe’s workouts, but I believe this is what God is calling me to do. I will trust Him with the results. Prayers will be appreciated Friday night for safety and the favor of the Lord and all that good stuff. Love and prayers until I check-in again.

I was still tired this morning and running late, so I did DanceWorks instead of Strength in Movement. I walked a lot at the zoo and had a blast with my friends. The otters were not there today. I want to go back again soon when the orangutans arrive.

I went shopping tonight and bought an outfit to wear to the clubs Friday night. I am definitely in a petite size 14 again. I need to practice walking in heels. I rarely wear them due to my weight. If anyone needs to get in touch with me next week, send me a PM. I might not respond right away, but I will see your message that way. I hope to get online long enough to read and pray, but I do not plan to check-in daily.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.