Can't wait to get back!

Hey guys,

I haven't been around for a while due to this stupid foot. I finally had surgery on my foot two weeks ago and it is rough going. I am trying to get my foot and heel stretched out enough to move from crutches to a boot. I will be all worth it if I can get back to exercising again. I have gained 20 pounds and lost alot of muscle but I will start at least on abs and upper body tomorrow.

Thought maybe some of you educated ladies can help me out with a upperbody tape of cathes that would be good to do sitting down. I know I will need to do something low weight cause after not doing weights for two months I am mighty weak.

I am hoping I can get back to chatting with you ladies and sharing workouts.

Thanks for all of your help

kim

Hi ladies,

I have become very hurt that I haven't had any response from this forum where I thought I have friends. I wanted to share things in my life because I have always been able to get support here. Yes I have been away and part of it has been my injury but a large part is because I have made post discussing having to have surgery or what not and I got no responses. I am not one to pout or whine about such things but I guess you can say I am very hurt.

Well I really debated on writing this, but after this last post I just feel like I need to quit posting here. I really hate it because I used to chat and have alot of fun with you ladies.

kim

Hi Kim.

I'm sure your post is not purposely being ignored. This is the first time I have had a chance to log on and see it myself! Please don't think no one wants to help you!

I personally have no advice...I am not good at this sort of thing but I just wanted to say I hope you heal up quickly and can get "back in the game" soon! I know how you have been struggling with your foot for a long time now! You deserve for it to be back at 100% ASAP!:)

Take care and please don't leave!:)

Kim -

I, too, did not see your post until now. There's been a lot of traffic on the boards lately and it's easy to have a post get buried. You probably did the best thing you could by bumping it.

Hmm, upper body tapes that would be good to do laying or sitting. I'd probably start with the PUB - because most of those exercises can be modified to do sitting/laying - and the few that are not, you can come up with a modification for that particular exercise. It would at least get the muscles working.

Hope you're back in the "game" soon! Good luck with what you're doing.

Hi Kim,

My goodness, it has been ages since you've updated us. I'm so sorry. I was on the forums quite a bit earlier today and I didn't see your post. I think that just happens sometimes when there's a lot of traffic and new posts.

I'm glad the surgery is behind you and I believe you when you say it's rough going. I hope this will mark the end of your troubles and that you'll be back in fighting form in no time.

Like Wendy, I'm not the best at doling out exercise advice, or lets just say there are others here that are far more eloquent, like Kathryn, A-Jock, and Laurie (endorphin junkie). Hopefully, one of these gals will respond to your post.

As for a specific Cathe DVD...I think any of her dumbell or band exercises could easily be done while seated in a chair. Start really low, with 3# or 5# weights, and go up from there. Use a sturdy, wooden chair and make sure your posture is impeccable.

Good luck and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Michele

I had knee surgery on both knees a few years ago, so I know where you are coming from (surgery sucks!).:) It's great to be ready to start working out again.

I started with winsor pilates and riding my bike, but with your foot you can't do the bike thing. Maybe some of the upperbody Premixes might work for you. I've done push/pull and Supersets this week and they have alot of sitting on the ball for the upperbody work.

Good luck and it's great you're getting back to exercise.

Sorry you felt ingored. I also know that feeling.:)

Hi Kim,
I just logged on and saw your post. Jason(DH) and I were just talking about you the other day and were wondering how you've been doing. Please don't be upset at the lack of responses. It doesn't mean you're not loved or wanted!!! I must admit to feeling much the same way after having many posts not commented on or ignored completely. You are not alone in feeling this way. I'll PM you and talk further about it.:)

I agree with the others about doing PUB. I think that would be a great one for you. Also the upper body split from CTX. I haven't done that one yet but it may be appropriate for you.

Take care,

carolyn

Hey Michele,

Yes I know that the boards can get really cluttered and I posted it last night. I have posted one three weeks ago and one before that and really got no response. Please don't feel I am being a baby or anything,but I just love getting advice, information and support from this group as I have given.

kim

Hi Kim,

I agree with Christine that PUB would be excellent to start with. Do you have that?

Do you think you can lie down for some of the exercises such as the chest work? Michele's suggestion for using a sturdy wooden chair good also especially when doing your shoulder work.

I doubt very seriously that anyone would ignore you...I don't know you, but I have seen you around the forums in the past.

Hold on to your hat...because you're probably going to get tons of suggestions!!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

>
>
> Hey Michele,
>
> Yes I know that the boards can get really cluttered and I
>posted it last night. I have posted one three weeks ago and
>one before that and really got no response. Please don't feel
>I am being a baby or anything,but I just love getting advice,
>information and support from this group as I have given.
>
> kim

I don't think you're a baby...not at all. I remember your posts from before your surgery and you've really been through a lot with your foot. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you and I hope this marks a positive turn in your recovery.

Michele :)

Hi Kim!

I remember you, we use to do the coremaxathon together :) Sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately and missed this. So nice to have you back again! I hope your recovery is speedy. Let me know if you want to do any challenges when you are ready :)

Terri

Sorry to hear about your injury and can completely understand your discouragement with reponses. I don't post a lot and I only get to read ocassionally but I did want to chime in and say we care :)

as for upper body tapes I think I would recommend slow and heavy because there are 2 seperate workouts you can do, bi's and tri's then chest and back. Modifications, warm up on all tapes I think, also you will need to lift one leg to stay off it during dips. The chest excercises should be good but I think you may need to elemenate a few of the back exercises. I figure if you could work these 2 in with some abs on another day with some stretch that gives you 3 days a week to start back.

Hope that helps
Heres to a speedy recovery :D
Take Care and remember to listen to your body so you dont over do it.
~Angel

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=agzo&x=0&y=0

Hey Kim!!!!

I have thought about you a lot lately and wondered how you were doing. I remember you were having surgery, I even remember it was on a Wednesday!! How are you?

I just logged on at 7 p.m. for the first time today, haven't even posted in the Daily Check-in because today has been crazy busy for me. I got off work and had to run errands and just now got through eating supper.

I didn't see your post you said you posted about whether to have surgery or not but I do remember you posting telling us you were having surgery.

As some have said ^^^^^^^^^, when the traffic is really busy on the boards, a thread can get buried fast. We want you here, you've been a big part of the day to day conversations going on here. Please don't think we wouldn't want you here!

Okay, I'm not sure what you would be able to do with the foot. Have you checked with your doctor about your limitations? Try doing any of the floor w/o's for the legs if you foot can handle this and don't use any ankle weights.

Any of the shoulder work, tri's, bi's, etc on any of Cathe's weight w/o's can be done sitting.

It is really good to see you back. I hope your recovery progresses this time, I know you have had a long rough time with this.

Well Kim, I'd better get on with my S&H bi's and tri's. I don't have the DVD but I taped it off FitTV and am trying S&H for the first time today. I usually work out when I get off at 3 in the afternon and here it is 7 p.m.!!!!! and I am just getting started.

Let us know how you get along and don't be a stranger!!!! Keep us posted!!!

So good to see you back!

Sorry Kim..I missed your post this morning too...:(...I've missed you in the Daily check in. I think you could modify any of Cathe's upper body exercises by sitting on your step. I agree though that PUB would be a good one...I pray for a speedy recovery for you...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.