Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Breast augmentation

This is a discussion on Breast augmentation within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Ok I am really flat chested after having 3 kids & breastfeeding them they got worst:-(. I love high impact ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek
Default Breast augmentation

Ok I am really flat chested after having 3 kids & breastfeeding them they got worst:-(. I love high impact exercise & lifting heavy weights. For those who had boob job done is it worth it to get it done? I heard the implant can pushed out if you do heavy chest workout? I am only 4'10 & 105 lbs & I'm thinking to have full C. Any thoughts?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

Interesting question. I know Tosca Reno had a breast augmentation and she talks about having to be careful with weight training for that exact reason. As for the procedure, I am sorry. I have no advise or feedback because I simply have not experienced it. The chest situation, well yes, I am currently experiencing a rather interesting looking degree of flatness myself. ha ha.

good luck. I hope you find some helpful answers or input.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 AM
DeCathelete

Quote:
Originally Posted by buneknek View Post
Ok I am really flat chested after having 3 kids & breastfeeding them they got worst:-(. I love high impact exercise & lifting heavy weights. For those who had boob job done is it worth it to get it done? I heard the implant can pushed out if you do heavy chest workout? I am only 4'10 & 105 lbs & I'm thinking to have full C. Any thoughts?

Check your PM's.

Wendy
Old 04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Cathlete

I had mine done 3 years ago this coming may. It was the best decision for me. I was an A and went to a small C. My MD cleared me to lift weights after 4 weeks. Mine are under the muscle and I can still do my pushups and lift heavy for chest. Never had a problem. My only regret was not doing it sooner. It really made me feel better about my body. I was very self concious of my breasts after my weight loss. HTH.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek

Thank you guys. I'm Hoping to get it done next summer coz I'm still breastfeeding my little one at night.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Cathlete
janiejoey's Profile Fields

WARNING! You may not like what you read, it's in great detail and may scare you out of breast augmentation. It's my personal story and I want to share my experience so you may think hard and long before you do that to yourself.

Do realize this does not happen to everyone, it's just my very short version of what I had to go through. Also do realize there are risks.

For me it was a horrible experience. The first 15 years was wonderful, although I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore I had a fantastic figure and all looked and doubled looked at me. It was very exciting to have that kind of attention.

I had them done over 35 years ago, and never replaced them during that time. (I understand now, that you have to replace them at least every 10 years.) They started hurting a whole lot, they changed their shape and became saggy, there was pain from bumping them, or hugging people, even carrying objects.

About 3 years ago I decided to take them out. Was feeling sick all the time and just not myself.

After the plastic surgeon took them out, I had complications from waking up from surgery, to healing. The implants had broke and was oozing out of their capsules. Very disgusting pictures. It took more than two years to be back to myself.

After the complication of surgery, there was not enough blood circulating on my left nipple and because of that had infection and thus lost it. They cut away the dead tissue every week for months until finally I had to go on antibiotics to heal. During that time, I had to rinse my wound out and put gauze inside the space where the implant once was. And did this twice a day. Who knew I could have done this at all, but you do. They even gave me a device to help heal it by suction to generate healthy tissue in order for it to heal. It Took many many months. I was fighting this for at least a year. Then it took another year just to be myself again.

Today, I feel great, can run and jump hold my grandchildren and have no fear of hurting when I do. I feel on top of the world. Even with that experience, I still would decide to get them out. The only regret I have is, I would never have done it at all if I knew what was to happen to me.

It's a risk, so do your homework, read, ask lots and lots of questions.

Janie

"If you pretend to be happy long enough then eventually you will be". - Mary Cooper RIP
Old 04-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Cathlete
fitg's Profile Fields

I have a problem with this breast size thing. I just don't get it. Who cares? I can understand the clothes size thing, but bra size......really? Exercise, eat right.....blah blah blah.

Enlighten me on this.....I think it is crazy and I just don't get it. Why would you want to put something fake in your body? Who really cares?

I would never want to cause a problem on here, but this bothers me to no end.

Last edited by fitg; 04-10-2011 at 04:54 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Catheite
pgun's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiejoey View Post
WARNING! You may not like what you read, it's in great detail and may scare you out of breast augmentation. It's my personal story and I want to share my experience so you may think hard and long before you do that to yourself.

Do realize this does not happen to everyone, it's just my very short version of what I had to go through. Also do realize there are risks.

For me it was a horrible experience. The first 15 years was wonderful, although I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore I had a fantastic figure and all looked and doubled looked at me. It was very exciting to have that kind of attention.

I had them done over 35 years ago, and never replaced them during that time. (I understand now, that you have to replace them at least every 10 years.) They started hurting a whole lot, they changed their shape and became saggy, there was pain from bumping them, or hugging people, even carrying objects.

About 3 years ago I decided to take them out. Was feeling sick all the time and just not myself.

After the plastic surgeon took them out, I had complications from waking up from surgery, to healing. The implants had broke and was oozing out of their capsules. Very disgusting pictures. It took more than two years to be back to myself.

After the complication of surgery, there was not enough blood circulating on my left nipple and because of that had infection and thus lost it. They cut away the dead tissue every week for months until finally I had to go on antibiotics to heal. During that time, I had to rinse my wound out and put gauze inside the space where the implant once was. And did this twice a day. Who knew I could have done this at all, but you do. They even gave me a device to help heal it by suction to generate healthy tissue in order for it to heal. It Took many many months. I was fighting this for at least a year. Then it took another year just to be myself again.

Today, I feel great, can run and jump hold my grandchildren and have no fear of hurting when I do. I feel on top of the world. Even with that experience, I still would decide to get them out. The only regret I have is, I would never have done it at all if I knew what was to happen to me.

It's a risk, so do your homework, read, ask lots and lots of questions.

Janie
Do you mind if I ask u if you had silicone or saline? Sorry you had so much trouble with yours! I would not wish that upon anyone!!

I had a set of implants put in silicone back in 89 I was 23 an well uneducated, naive. I had them removed and replaced w/saline because the first set had capsular contracture. I haven't had any problems with the second set as of yet and they were placed under the muscle.

Penny
Old 04-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

Fitg, I can hear you do not support breast augmentation. Many people do and that is why someone was seeking advice on here. It's okay that you don't support it. That said, I think it's also important to try to avoid referring to something a person is genuinely asking about as 'crazy' 'cos it might hurt their feelings. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and were just trying to express an opinion. it's just that someone had a genuine question and was seeking genuine input from people who might have experiences to share, to help guide her with this important decision.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Cathlete
fitg's Profile Fields

Fitg, I can hear you do not support breast augmentation. Many people do and that is why someone was seeking advice on here. It's okay that you don't support it. That said, I think it's also important to try to avoid referring to something a person is genuinely asking about as 'crazy' 'cos it might hurt their feelings. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it and were just trying to express an opinion. it's just that someone had a genuine question and was seeking genuine input from people who might have experiences to share, to help guide her with this important decision.

You are right, I don't think breast augmentation is appropriate and is opposite my moral compass. I do thank you very much though for responding so respectfully. Your response made a lot of sense and again, you are right, I would never want to hurt someone's feelings.

I just think natural is better. I pass no judgement, just question the reasoning. That's it.