Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells

janie1234

Cathlete
Man I want a pair of these dumbbells. They look like this
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00606091000P
but man they are expensive. I just thought I'd let everyone know that they are on sale on the Sears.com website. $30 off the $399 price which is the cheapest I've seen and you can even order and pick it up to save on shipping costs. I wish I could afford them. :-(

I bought these last Christmas for myself, and it is one of the best investments I have made. They replace several sets of dumbells. If I had to nitpick a little, they are a little bulkier than a standard dumbell would be.

I was *just* looking at them this morning!!!!!! I really want them, but I want the heavier set which is $600. I think it will be an investment down the road.... but can't do it yet!! They are awesome though and trying them out in the store they are SO easy to change weights!!

I have them and all i can say is they are SOOOOOOO worth the money!!!! I started a bowflex credit card and just paid them off a little each month. They don't take up any space and its so quick and easy to change how much weight you are lifting.

Oh, don't tell me that!!! Do you have the set that goes up to 52.5#?? I want to get the bigger set because I know my dh will use them too... but for $600... although my bday and Mother's day are coming up... }(

They're the best. I got mine off Amazon.com and it had free shipping. I can't believe I waited so long to finally get them.
Barb From Vegas

LOVE THEM!!!! SPACE SAVERS!!!!Got the ones that go to 52.5 lbs. BEST INVESTMENT!!!!!Waited for free shipping and saved 100$

Hi, I have looked at these too. Can you tell me the differences between the bowflex version and some of the other (cheaper) "selet" type dumbells out there.

Thanks!

Kara

>Hi, I have looked at these too. Can you tell me the
>differences between the bowflex version and some of the other
>(cheaper) "selet" type dumbells out there.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Kara

I have the ones from Target. I wish I would have listened to the responses before I threw out my receipt. Takes up time when you have to switch weight. Bulky for some of the exercises. I will be selling them in my garage sale. I would rather have the individual hex dumbells and a stand.

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

Well, when I was looking at Dick's Sporting Goods, I saw the Weider adjustable weights and they were a pain to change!! My dh & I both tried them and they had this little handle that you had to turn & slide. The Select Tech's you just click the ends and you can make them heavier on one side than the other for different exercises. It literally took 2 seconds to click it to your weight & pick it up.

Just what I noticed as I was comparing them!!

I've done so much reseach on these. I totally agree that they are worth the money. I mean they aren't total eye sores, like my myriad of dumbells of all different styles (mostly from Target)that I have to stash everywhere from under my sofa to behind my step. As far as the imitations out there from what I've read these convert super easy with the flick of a wrist. The cheaper versions you have to struggle with. There is also a really great looking stand that you can put it on. I'm one of those persons who just does not have all that much room to workout in. I mean I really don't have a lot of space. I workout in my living room on a 5x8 area rug. I love the weight increments too. 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 52.5- I mean when you work out with Cathe you just keep getting stronger and it would be nice to have access to the higher weight as you train.

I got the set that goes to 52.5 about 2 or 3 years ago. I got a great deal and free shipping. The BEST investment have ever made. One of the dumbbells fell off of my step once and it cracked the plastic. Bowflex replaced it free of charge...:)

We have both the set that goes to 20 lbs and the set that goes to 52.5 lbs (I know crazy huh? But they are in different parts of the house). We got them about three years ago. We bought ours around Xmas time and got a much better deal and free shipping. It seems to me for the 52.5 we paid $399 including stand (probably Xmas special). We have stands for both. Keep watching for sales as I know you can get them cheaper.

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.