body pump style at home work out

BethA

HI, I love the body pump class at the gym and I am looking for recommendations for a similar work out at home. I have very limited space in my living room so I don't want anything with aerobics. I was told Power Hour from Cathe is is similar but they don't sell it separately, just in a set and I don't need the other videos. Thanks for your help!

I have heard of Body Pump classes, however I have never been to one..so I don't know if PH with Cathe would be similar or not.

Just bumping up your post for more to see..

:)

Hi, Beth!

As I said in my other post, Jari Love has a series of workouts that are similar to Body Pump. Right now, there are three, with two more coming in the fall.
"Ripped" is the original workout. Less intense than the latest two (supposedly, each workout is supposed to increase in intensity). I like it, but it has some flaws, like uneven counting on floor leg work (it's the only one that has floor leg work in). The music is the loudest on this one (if that matters).

"Ripped: Slim and Lean" is VERY high rep. The first time I did it, I was counting the minutes half-way through the chest presses--luckily, Jari has a certain something about her that keeps me pushing through. It has the most lower body work of the three workouts. The music is the softest on this one (and features tunes that you've probably heard before in Cathe workouts).

"Get Ripped to the Core" is my favorite of the three. It's based on compound moves (doing, for example, a squat off the side of the step, then adding overhead presses to the move). It goes by pretty quickly (even though all three workouts are about the same length).

You can see clips of the three workouts at www.collagevideo.com . Look them up under Jari's name (Jari Love) because they aren't sure whether the workouts are called "Ripped" or "Get Ripped" (I go by what the DVD info says, and according to the back cover info,, they are "Ripped" "Ripped: Slim and Lean" and "Get Ripped to the Core.")

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.