Biggest Loser workout?

Beth~I was wondering about it too. I liked a few things they did...very different. I am always looking for new ideas to use in class. (I am commenting from what they showed while on the show...like the push-up where they would come up and slap the other person's hand.) Anyone get them yet?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I did get it and it is a great workout imo.I did low intensity (which is the easist-but still a workout)there are alot of lunges in this one my butt was sore for days.I followed that with the high intensity which was alot of plyo moves-the best one for me.And I also added the bootcamp seg and abs from the strength section.Bootcamp you had wts almost the whole time even doing jumpimg jacks by the second time thru(repeats each segment2 times)I had to put the wts down during the jumping jacks-I was tired.Of course it isn't as tough as Cathe but it was a intense workout.It took me 78 min to complete what I did including a stretch(I didn't do the strength or stretch workouts)I burned over 500 cal and my hrate ranged from 65-85%.I did think it looked easy on preview but was fooled when I actually did it.
I really enjoyed the workout and seeing the cast from bl working out.Matt,suzy,seth,,andrea ,Drea and Gary and of course Bob.

I'm supposed to get it from Netflix today. I'm curiuos, too. I tried one of Jillian's (Front) and absolutely HATED it. I didn't even do the whole thing. I love Jillian on the show, but on the workout she was so abrasive and really unlikable IMO. I hope Bob's is better!

Oops I was wrong! I received one of those Treadmoves instead of Bob's. It was not good IMO. Too much running and using weights while walking at 4.0 just doesn't seem safe to me. I'll post when I get the other one! Merry Christmas!

I got this from Netflix yesterday and did the whole DVD this morning. Four workouts, twenty minutes each, and a ten minute stretch. Here's what I thought about the individual workouts:

Strength and Sculpt: I found this to be extremely easy and geared toward people who have never done any sort of weight training. IMO much too light for those who have been lifting for a while, even on lighter training days. But a good one to recommend to friends/family who are intimidated by the thought of weight training.

Low Intensity cardio/high intensity cardio: solid workouts, both. Basic moves (kickboxing, calistenics, a bit o' plyo), nothing too intense but enough to get the old heart thumping. If you can do any of Kathy Smith's timesaver/twenty minute workouts, you can do these, no problem. I did them back to back but on a day where time is short, the high intensity cardio would be a good, quick choice.

Bootcamp: this was my favorite and the one that provided the most challenge. A number of the moves had me working my muscles in ways I'm not used to, such as doing a minute of jumping jacks with 5lb weights in each hand. By the end of it my shoulders were like, "Hello?!" I thought this was alot of fun. I'd buy this one just to have it around for a quick, efficient workout on days when time I want to feel like I've worked but don't have the time or energy for a long session.

I also liked Bob, he was funny without being obnoxious. The music was enjoyable and unobtrusive and the sets simple. I liked the people too and was glad to see everyday people, sweating and struggling and occasionally even pooping out. The only thing I did not like was the woman (Dre?) who kept making smarty-pants remarks throughout the routines. I didn't watch the show, so maybe those who did will enjoy her "humor." I didn't!

I would be happy to have this DVD in my collection, for the variety and the shorter, intense workout.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Thanks for the review Sparrow! I'll leave it in my queue. I'm still on the "short wait" list for it.
Jill

Hi Ladies:)
Just did this workout this morning. I got my dvd through NETFLIX as well. I really liked what I did. I did the 20mins sculpt, followed by the 20min bootcamp and then finished up w/ a 1mile powerwalk on the TM on a 6%incline! WHEW! what a workout. It does look deceiving! My arms are hurting from the bootcamp and my heartrate got up there!

I think it's a decent workout PLUS I like the way it's chaptered so you can customize your workout for the day.

Definetely not as intense as cathe, but MAYBe comparable to some of the firms???

take care:)
Gloria

RE: retail?

It should be out in the stores by now. If you can't find it you can get it from nbc.com. I also really liked the Bootcamp and High Intensity Cardio workouts. Tomorrow I will do low intensity and the sculpting for a light day. I like the 20 min segments to use as add ons or if you are time pressed and want to max out your 20 minutes. I also like the workout blender feature like Cathe did on Body Blast to customize your workouts. There are fun recaps of Suzy and Matt's 10 weeks too if you were a fan of the show. Bob was VERY motivating and it was so fun to think of him as my very own personal trainer in my own living room!
I thought the 2 advanced workouts were harder than the Firm. Bootcamp was like the Slim Series on steroids. Speed Debbie up 3 times as fast and you have the workout!
Beth

RE: retail?

I saw it at Sports Authority a few days ago.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.