Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Barbie based on a real woman

This is a discussion on Barbie based on a real woman within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I loved this! It's what Barbie would look like if she was based on a "real" woman. 'Normal' Barbie By ...

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Cathlete
Nanbo's Profile Fields

Default Barbie based on a real woman

I loved this! It's what Barbie would look like if she was based on a "real" woman.
'Normal' Barbie By Nickolay Lamm Shows Us What Mattel Dolls Might Look Like If Based On Actual Women (PHOTOS)
mini-natty likes this.

STS 3.5 Month Graduate! July 23, 2012
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Looking at pic 5 from the side view, I realized that I have Barbie's bum & hips .

Fun article Nancy!
nckfitheart2009 and Nanbo like this.

Last edited by mini-natty; 07-03-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-04-2013, 06:50 PM

Yep, I'm more like the realistic Barbie. I've got that bottom too!! Lol
Amy
Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Cathlete

The only thing that bothers me about this is that it's almost saying thin women are not real. So you have to have a belly and big hips to be a real woman?
It's a doll!
I grew up with Barbie, loved ALL my Barbie dolls, and never gave much thought about her waist to hip ratio. I was too busy dressing her in pretty clothes.
I understand the message, but it's like blaming video games for boys who grow up to kill people.
lrusso likes this.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Cathlete

I am built more like the orginal Barbie, 5'8", 125 and those long slender legs, guess I am not a real or normal women.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrusso View Post
I am built more like the orginal Barbie, 5'8", 125 and those long slender legs, guess I am not a real or normal women.
I have four nieces who are built like original Barbie. Two are home schooled, two go to public school. The two who are in public schools have been ridiculed and made fun of by other girls. They have been called anorexic and worse.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
I have four nieces who are built like original Barbie. Two are home schooled, two go to public school. The two who are in public schools have been ridiculed and made fun of by other girls. They have been called anorexic and worse.
Exactly, I went through the same thing in school, I used to wear sweatpants under my jeans, to look heavier. Now I am proud the way look whether it's the norm or not! My success story is on here from 2 years ago with my struggle to gain weight and add muscle.
fit44 and nckfitheart2009 like this.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Thumbs up Realistic Barbie

Thanks Lrusso for sharing your opinion.

Real women comes in all shape depending on the type of skeleton we herited from our parents. We simply were not made from the same mold!

Now IMHO, media are labeling all these articles, especially barbie's one, with less negative messages. This will , iMO, decrease eating disorders.

I played with the original barbie, i loved barbie's doll so much that I found it difficult to give up on them!
During few years I had to play with them without my mother around (she though It was high time i gave up and grew up!). I did make my own cloth and dress my barbies. It the best memory i have growing up. To sum up, I am little bit too girly.

Now being from an afro descendant not having a barbie I could relate to, did negatively affect my self esteem. The original barbie just did not represent the majority of women shape. Realistic mean "the majority" At the end of the day there is not a big population of slim ectomorph with slender long legs tiny waist! Certainly not now that food are fully loaded with chemicals, pesticide and on top we are facing processed food consequences!

Nowadays people are getting *offended/irritated* because opinion and perceptions have now changed . It was high time!

My skeleton, my hair, skin complexion did not resemble to the original barbie at all, I feel very comfortable in the body I am in, defined by my skeleton. Thanks to the changes such as this barbie article and More Latin, hispanics and afro models/celebrity appearance in beauty magasine (Beyonce first appearance in Vogue was broadcast all over the word without actually realising afro models were excluded, because they were not representing the so called "realistic woman").

All above being said, although I was not born resembling the original barbie in any shape or form, I feel a real woman. I have a slight long trunk with a waist, a typical afro arched spine which I would not trade for anything and yes I have hips and a bottom which requires looking after to keep it firmly compact It is all good. People are now booking surgical procedure to enhance their bottom so why on earth would i feel un-realistic.

I think we all just need to make the most of what we have in a safe way of course!

All the best everyone,
Hope my statement does stir any controversy
lrusso, Nanbo, cokonkel and 1 others like this.

Fitness is not about being better than someone
else. It's about being better than you used to be.

======================================

Nathalie

Last edited by nckfitheart2009; 07-05-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Cathlete

I just don't like when body types are labeled "real" or "normal", everyone is different and unique in their own way and should not come with a label!
fit44 likes this.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrusso View Post
I am too. I'm 5'7" and 115 lbs. The problem is, not too many people want to hear us complain about being called too skinny. It just isn't a popular thing to fuss about. I know because I've been called out on it before.

The problem is, it's not okay to comment on anybody's weight, whether they are skinny or fat. Yet people feel it's okay to tell someone they are too skinny. However, it isn't okay to tell someone they are too large.

I've had stangers tell me that I need to eat more. (How do they know how much I eat?) Saying that a slender woman who has the proportions of Barbie isn't "real" is just not right. All women are real. The whole idea of "real women have curves" just rubs me wrong. ALL women have curves. Some may have smaller curves than others, but that doesn't make them any less real or less of a woman.

What many people don't realize is that it works both ways.
fit44 and lrusso like this.