banslug/Gayle tell me about your routine

I viewed your pictures. You look great and what a quick transformation. Are you following BFL alone or mixing with Cathe? I would love to know details. Are you the one I've heard talk about the treadmill workout downloads or something along those lines?

Christie ATL:

OMG! My name in lights again? lol I think with this post and with Shelleys about the iTrain, this can get embarassing! LOL

Christie-first, thank you for asking me for my routine. I'm in AWE that somebody would ask ME! What a compliment and privilege (sp??) to share what I'm doing. I'm actually SERIOUSLY considering posting on the Success thread here with my info and pictures, so more details may be showing up over there next week sometime.

But for now.....

I started a 12 week BFL challenge on October 1st. An OFFICIAL challenge, where I complete an entry packet, including before/after pics, for the chance to win prizes. They include a cruise, a LOT of cash, etc. I'm working hard for a prize, but I'll be happy with the results I've gotten so far! HA!

For the first 6 weeks, I did strictly BFL BY THE BOOK. The weight and cardio workouts were as 'prescribed' by Bill Phillips EXACTLY as stated in the book. Let me tell you, it was QUITE hard for this cardio JUNKIE to cut cardio back to only 20 minutes of HIIT 3x per week, but I wanted to give the program my FULL attention. At the halfway mark, I slowly started switching things up by using PUB/PLB, and began using iTread sprint workouts for the HIIT. But again, the principals and guidelines were completely BFL. My diet has been 110% BFL ALL THE WAY. Nothing else. It's basically clean-eating at its finest, with a Free Day thrown in once a week.

It's an understatement when I say "I am EXTREMELY happy with where the last 12 weeks has taken my body and my mind." I am SOOO happy with my results so far, and am looking forward to starting up Challenge #2!

I hope that answers your questions for now. As I said, I'm pretty sure that I will be posting my very own 'success' on that forum, so keep your eyes open. Again, THANK YOU, seriously, for taking the time to ask little ol' ME about my program.

If you'd like more info from me, I'd be glad to answer any questions!

Gayle (and I'm blushing, just responding to this post, lol)

Gayle,
I just looked at your pictures. Wow you look great. Are you keeping with the eating plan now that your 12 weeks are up?
LD

LD-not only will I continue with the eating guidelines, I'm starting a second challenge right away! No rest for the weary, right? There's always room for improvement! lol

Gayle

Gayle :)

Wow :) I'm glad I found this post. I checked out your pictures my goodness your results are off the chain, you look AWESOME, nice work :) :)

Ditto!! You look great and you should be very proud of yourself! Congrats! But you really consider updating your avatar photo - show off alittle, your boys will understand.

Best of luck for Round 2!

Diane

Thanks, guys! I really DO appreciate it! It makes all the hard work so much more worth it!

Diane-we're actually getting new portrats taken in January. But I LOVE the pic in my avatar...really captures my kids' personalities!

Gayle

Gayle-
You look phenomenal! WTG! Congratulations on your success! I hope you win major prizes with the Challenge. Keep us all posted and I'll look forward to seeing your post on the Success forum.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hi Gayle! Just checked out your pics!!! You go girl!:7 Takes determintation and hard work. What a great job!! You should be proud!!! Now stop that blushing!;)

Awesome transformation! :eek:
(Were you frowning purposely in your "before" pic to achieve the desired effect? I love it. :7 )

Nancy-I wish I could say I purposely looked like that. You can just tell by that look on my face that taking that pic was NO NO NO fun at all! Actually, in one of my essay questions, I actually mentioned that the part of me that I liked the best out of my transformation was the look in my eye and the smile on my face!

THANKS everybody, for all your positive feedback!

JUST ONE DAY AWAY FROM COMPLETING THIS 12 week transformation...then it's onto the NEXT ONE!

THANKS AGAIN!

Gayle

Gayle, I already told you offline - but you look AMAZING! I admire your commitment to the program. I looked at it and honestly don't think I have it in me to do that right now...although my gym is starting a 12wk body challenge in February that I'm considering...

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Wow Gayle, you look amazing! I sooo admire how you set a goal for yourself and reach it! I know the past three years have been tough but you are one strong gal inside and out! Your pix make me want to give it a whirl! Keep up the hard work and I hope you win a BIG prize. You so deserve it!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Andrea & Debbie-THANK YOU SO much! It's support like THIS that has gotten me thru some tough times.

And keep your fingers crossed for a prize. lol
Although I feel like, after taking my final after pictures this morning, I have already unwrapped my OWN Christmas present!

Gayle

Gayle,
Wow, you look AMAZING! I started October 1st exercising again, but my results are nowhere near yours. In fact, today I am so bummed because of how little progress I have seen. :( But your post has re-inspired me.

What do you think the main difference is in your transformation: diet or exercise? To be honest with myself, my diet hasn't changed much. I thought I'd try to get the workouts in first, then focus on diet, but now it seems like I've been wasting time. My body is a bit better, but hasn't changed much at all in 3 months.

Is diet really 80-90% of results? Thanks, I'm so interested in what you think made the change for you.

Lisa-Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that my success (and that of the other folks that helped me with advice and stuff at this site and at the BFL site) is a combination of THREE things; NOT just diet and exercise.

It's sound nutrition (aka clean eating), good hard workouts and [font size=+2]CONSISTANCY! [/font]

Somebody asked me this very same question just the other day. They wanted to know if I thought BFL was the 'ticket' or the 'secret'. My answer was NOT necessarily! BFL is just like any other program that combines a MINDFUL and HEALTHY clean-eating nutrition program AND hard workouts. Just like P90X, or Weight Watchers, or CATHE telling us consistant workouts and 'clean eating'.

The actual MAGIC of it comes in when it's CONSISTANT!!!!!

CONSISTANCY is what is the key. I cannot believe that it took me THIS long to realize it. I've always been athletic and 'into fitness'. But at the age of 35, I just NOW understand that it's the consistant combination of strong workouts and clean eating.

So I vote that WE (and I say WE because I am NOT done yet, lol) coose our workout goals (either weight loss, muscle definition, training for a half marathon, etc) and dedicate ourselves to a DAILY routine of clean eating, and DO IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT!

Now, if FORCED to answer your original question (lol), then YES, I would say the biggest part of what I did FOR my body WAS indeed the nutrition part.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.