Anyone Using Two Monitors at Work?

melagras

Cathlete
I was the last holdout on going to two monitors and I'm wondering if this is the cause for my neck pain. This has been going on since the conversion on 4/1.

In other words, I am friggin' miserable.:(

I have been using two monitors at work for several years now and have never had any issues with neck pain. My monitors sit side by side very close to each other and I try to primarily use the bigger one that sits directly in front of me.

Good luck! I hope your neck pain goes away.

I use 3 monitors at work. I suffer from neck pain intermittently. I'm not sure If it is actually from the monitors since I've had at least 2 monitors for the past 5 years and the neck pain started about 2 years ago. My desk also raises to standing and when my neck is hurting I work standing and it greatly reduces the neck strain. I wish I knew why my neck starts aching sometimes so I could prevent it.

Hello Melagras, Sorry about your neck pain. I've had that before and it's all you can think about. But it has been maybe 10 years since my last episode. At work I have six monitors in front of me, two high up on the wall by the ceiling, and a window to the lobby. My neck has never bothered me, but my eyesight has declined over the years to where I now have to wear trifocals. I'm fortunate to have one of my keyboards on an adjustable desk. You should look into stretches you can do at your desk for your neck, shoulders, back, buttocks, and hamstrings, since they are all connected. Stand up and walk around every so often. But the greatest advice is to find yourself a fabulous masseuse!!!!! Good luck to you...

Hello Melagras, Sorry about your neck pain. I've had that before and it's all you can think about. But it has been maybe 10 years since my last episode. At work I have six monitors in front of me, two high up on the wall by the ceiling, and a window to the lobby. My neck has never bothered me, but my eyesight has declined over the years to where I now have to wear trifocals. I'm fortunate to have one of my keyboards on an adjustable desk. You should look into stretches you can do at your desk for your neck, shoulders, back, buttocks, and hamstrings, since they are all connected. Stand up and walk around every so often. But the greatest advice is to find yourself a fabulous masseuse!!!!! Good luck to you...
I already have a fabulous masseuse. If I could afford it, I would visit her every week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.