Anyone knows anything about water kefirs?

ilovefitness

Cathlete
I got some water kefirs a while back and succesfully brewed lemon ginger water kefir drinks.

I know water kefir drinks are good for you, since they have probiotics. Unfortunately, every time I consume the drink, I start having stomach gas and bloating. :mad:

Before I give up on water kefir, does any one know if you are supposed to consume the drink on an empty stomach? Any tips on water kefir - good or bad are welcome. :)

Thanks.

I drink Lifeway Kefir, is that a water Kefir :eek:? It is 99% gluten and lactose free...I have no bloating problems. I love Kefir because it has all those probiotic goodies as well as tastes great! If Lifeway Kefir isn't water kefir, please tell me about water kefir...it sounds interesting!

You have to use sugar water to make this? Not for me. Sorry because it sounded great.

Check out the last website I posted; they have instructions for making it with unsweetened coconut water. That's the one that I'm intersted in because I use unsweetened coconut water as a recovery drink.;)

Last edited:
Where do u buy coconut water?

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

I've been getting it at Whole Foods, but I know that Costco carries it, too. Someone told me to check out Walmart as well....
I've been getting the non-flavored Zico, but a few of my friends swear by the flavored varieties. I haven't tried Vita Coco yet, but that will be more mainstream soon, thus more easy to find.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.