Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

Anyone knows anything about water kefirs?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ilovefitness, Jul 28, 2011.

1. ilovefitness Active Member

I got some water kefirs a while back and succesfully brewed lemon ginger water kefir drinks.

I know water kefir drinks are good for you, since they have probiotics. Unfortunately, every time I consume the drink, I start having stomach gas and bloating. :mad:

Before I give up on water kefir, does any one know if you are supposed to consume the drink on an empty stomach? Any tips on water kefir - good or bad are welcome. :)

Thanks.

2. Nanbo Cathlete

I drink Lifeway Kefir, is that a water Kefir :eek:? It is 99% gluten and lactose free...I have no bloating problems. I love Kefir because it has all those probiotic goodies as well as tastes great! If Lifeway Kefir isn't water kefir, please tell me about water kefir...it sounds interesting!

3. Nanbo Cathlete

I just looked up water kefir and see that it is different from the kefir I drink which is milk based. Water kefir sounds GREAT :eek:!!!! I found a webstie that gives a simple how-to for anyone that might be intersted, I know I am!

How to Make Water Kefir | Keeper of the Home

4. Nanbo Cathlete

5. PhyllisG Cathlete

You have to use sugar water to make this? Not for me. Sorry because it sounded great.

6. Nanbo Cathlete

Check out the last website I posted; they have instructions for making it with unsweetened coconut water. That's the one that I'm intersted in because I use unsweetened coconut water as a recovery drink.;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. buneknek Cathlete

Where do u buy coconut water?

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

8. Nanbo Cathlete

I've been getting it at Whole Foods, but I know that Costco carries it, too. Someone told me to check out Walmart as well....
    I've been getting the non-flavored Zico, but a few of my friends swear by the flavored varieties. I haven't tried Vita Coco yet, but that will be more mainstream soon, thus more easy to find.