Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about almost anything you like in this forum, but understand we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness videos, not to be used by other companies or people to promote their website, earn a commission or sell their products.

Anyone else use sunscreen as moisturizer??

This is a discussion on Anyone else use sunscreen as moisturizer?? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I have decided to just start using 80 SPF sunscreen as my moisturizer. I have been unhappy with the SPF ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Cathlete
tralaiven's Profile Fields

Default Anyone else use sunscreen as moisturizer??

I have decided to just start using 80 SPF sunscreen as my moisturizer. I have been unhappy with the SPF levels in my moisturizers and not so impressed with their moisturizing...so there I am.

Is anyone else doing this?

Here is a website I found that addresses this:

Can we use sunscreen without moisturizer? | Viva Woman

Sweat is for those who know it's a choice.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 AM
Cathlete

My moisturizer is a sunscreen.

I use Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Moisturizer with a light tint. It has an SPF of 50. I use it during the daytime as a combination moisturizer/make up. It's the only thing I put on my face in the morning.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

When I go out for a run I only use sunscreen. When I wear makeup I put on sunscreen underneath and let it soak in before I put on make up. I have had terrible burns so I don't go without sunscreen ever (extremely light skinned, think Snow White.) If I'm just inside or overnight, I put on a little vit. e oil around the eye and some coconut oil on my body if I feel dry. We have really dry air here.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
DeCathelete
kathryn's Profile Fields

I've read that any SPF over 25 or 30 makes so little difference in protection, and requires so much more chemicals, that it's not worth using.

^. .^
> ^ <

5k racewalking PR: 34:42 (11/26/11)
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Cathlete
nkhansen1's Profile Fields

I use Aveeno facial daily moisturizer with SPF 15. I have used it for years, and live in the deep south where sunscreen is a definite requirement. I have never burned with this product, and it is not oily at all. I love it.

It pains me to continue, but it hurts much worse to quit.