Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

1. Ripped with HiiT Presale

Anyone else use sunscreen as moisturizer??

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by tralaiven, Nov 28, 2011.

1. tralaiven Cathlete

I have decided to just start using 80 SPF sunscreen as my moisturizer. I have been unhappy with the SPF levels in my moisturizers and not so impressed with their moisturizing...so there I am.

Is anyone else doing this?

Here is a website I found that addresses this:

Can we use sunscreen without moisturizer? | Viva Woman

2. JeanneMarie Cathlete

My moisturizer is a sunscreen.

I use Neutrogena's Healthy Defense Moisturizer with a light tint. It has an SPF of 50. I use it during the daytime as a combination moisturizer/make up. It's the only thing I put on my face in the morning.

3. RapidBreath Cathlete

When I go out for a run I only use sunscreen. When I wear makeup I put on sunscreen underneath and let it soak in before I put on make up. I have had terrible burns so I don't go without sunscreen ever (extremely light skinned, think Snow White.) If I'm just inside or overnight, I put on a little vit. e oil around the eye and some coconut oil on my body if I feel dry. We have really dry air here.

4. kathryn Cathlete

I've read that any SPF over 25 or 30 makes so little difference in protection, and requires so much more chemicals, that it's not worth using.

5. nkhansen1 Cathlete

I use Aveeno facial daily moisturizer with SPF 15. I have used it for years, and live in the deep south where sunscreen is a definite requirement. I have never burned with this product, and it is not oily at all. I love it.