Any rockland county ppl out there?

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Just curious if any on the forums how are you preparing for Sandy? I'm a little nervous because of last year's Halloween storm. We were without power for 5/6 days and I would hate to experience that again! Do you guys think its really going to hit hard????

I do not live in that area, upstat New York. Although we certainly won't get hit anything close to those closer to coast we here are preparing. I don't think this one is anything to blow off. (no pun intended) We are preparing for power outage just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

I hopeall is well with those who are on coast.

I've been watching the news since yesterday and some are areas are declaring state of emergencies and even have the national guard coming in. In my area the gas stations are so full as well as the supermarket! I guess I should do something else besides watch TV! Be safe everyone!

I'm in Hudson county, right on the river, so getting a little nervous. In a high rise, but worried about losing power for any length of time.

Thanks Trixoo! From your mouth to god's ear. I hope not either.

NY25 my sister in law lives there too. She lives next to those newly built condo's by PF Cheng's on Rivet Rd and so does my mom in law!

This year, I will be filling the bath tub ahead of the storm. As long as I can flush the toilets, life is sustainable!

We started preparing yesterday as well. I put everything away in my yard. Have candles/matches and flashlights out. Went through frig and freezer and put everything not needed in the back set the temps to colder than normal in case we lose electric. (helps to keep things for longer if needed) I started bagging ice. Charged everything we may need. Have extra batteries, can food, non perishable foods together, bottled water, blankets and inflatable bed in basement in case we have to sleep there, have propane for the grill, etc etc etc!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.