aerobic step

Colette

I really want to buy the full-size 43in. step, but unfortunately I don't have enough room. I'm considering getting the shorter 28in. long "studio" step. Does anyone have this shorter length step? I would like to know if you like it or not.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-01 AT 02:12PM (Est)[/font][p]if you look back through the topics you will find someone who posted on her new step..
she had a smaller one but when she got a larger one she was thrilled.

here is what she wrote... look up the thread by doing a search for her name .. or just wind back a page and find her name and subject heading.

name: SeaChell
subject: "What a difference the Full Size Step makes " May-24-01, 08:11 PM (Est)
WOW!!!! Am I glad I invested the $$$$ and got the full size step. Mega Step Blast was a
BLAST!!!! I felt so much more comfortable (not afraid to fall off) and I really got a lot more
"bang for my buck!" I felt the difference and had a super workout!!! I know The Step can be
pricey but it really makes for a more effective workout...just think you invest a bit initially
but you'll have the step for a life time of Cathe!!! I am so glad I ordered it...now on to
ordering more Cathe!!!!!!

I have been really happy with my reebok full size step. It does 6, 8 and 10 inch heights AND feels very stable all the time. It is worth the space it takes up! I also have a smaller step and did start with that, but was really thrilled to have the larger one, esp. for the more advanced tapes like Cathe's. She really utilizes the full step.

Yep, that's what I'd recommend, a Reebok Step! I love both the Step Co. Step and the Reebok Step but the Reebok is a bit more space efficient (just a little smaller) while still being a full sized step. I also love how stable and solid it feels! I usually use it for cardio, then use my Step Co. with extra risers as a weight bench or for step ups. The Sports Authority has been carrying the new (with the blue writing on top) Reebok Steps recently, and you could also try e-Bay if you have a hard time finding one in stores.

Hi Colette,

I have the 28-inch "Studio Step" that you referred to. I recently upgraded to the full-size (43-inch) Original Step and it makes a huge difference. However, it is hard to find a good place to store it! For now, mine lives in the coat closet when not in use.

Anyway, to your question, I do not like the "Studio Step" at all. It feels wobbly and unstable, plus, since Cathe uses so much of the surface area of the step, you really have to be careful of falling off and hurting your ankles. I have also used the Reebok Step. I like the Reebok Step, but you can still notice the size difference between that and the Original Step. I was torn between the Reebok Step and the Original Step until my sister (she's a personal trainer) said, "just pay the extra 20 bucks and go for the gusto!" I'm glad I did. The other benefit of the Original Step is that it is easier to use as a bench for weight-lifting because of its size, and it goes higher than 10 inches--the maximum height of the Reebok Step.

Anyway, just my ideas! Take it or leave it!

I have the shorter step. It is a Jane Fonda step and came with a video. Anyway, I often feel like I need alot more room when doing Cathe's videos. I hope to buy a full size in the near future. I would strongly suggest that you go ahead and buy the larger step, otherwise if you decide later on that you want a larger one (like myself), you will end up spending much more money than necessary. Just my opinion.
Lisa

I agree!

I agree with Lisa! I had the shorter step when I began and when I switched to the longer step, it made all the difference in the world. Not only did I feel my workouts were better, I wasn't worried about falling off anymore. GO FOR IT if you can afford it. You'll be so happy! :7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: I agree!

...same experience here. I wish I had gotten the full size right away. My step lives in the living room unless someone comes over in which case I throw it into the bedroom until they leave!

Doesn't bother me, reminds me to get busy & step! :)
Ruth

thanks everyone, I ordered a full size step yesterday as well as 5 Cathe tapes. I finally decided that if fitness was going to be part of my life I had to make some room for it ;-).

Great!

Well worth it! You won't be sorry. Let us know what you think when you get to use your new step!

tYour-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Great!

Colette,
Good luck with your Original Step! Just think, if you use the Step 80 times (assuming you paid $80 for it) it will only cost you $1 per use... 160 times=$.50 per use, etc. The more you use it, the better the bang for your buck! So, get steppin'!

Steaming in NY today,
Cruncholi

RE: Great!

Hi Colette, I'm so happy for you! You will LOVE having the step. Also, it will make a completely acceptable weight bench for you, can be used flat or incline.
I truly feel it is a great value. Enjoy!!
Steaming in Maryland Too Today!!! (whew!)
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.