Advanced exercising and fibromyalgia

jenzy35

Hi,
I would like to be in touch with anyone here who is an advanced or near advanced exerciser who is also dealing with fibromyalgia. To compare notes.

Jenzy35

hi jenzy! i don't know if i would consider myself an "advanced" exerciser, definitely intermediate though. i just replied because of the fibromyalgia. i was diagnosed with fibro last december and am trying to get my body back into consistent exercising. i've been exercising at least three times a week but trying to get up to 4 - 5 times a week. anyway, feel free to drop me a line!

Luz

Luz!

Great to hear from you. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago. Since January I have been exercising regularly trying to regain my formerly advanced status. I have been very surprised by how much exercise has helped me. I have been inspired by a doctor's wife I read about who regularly competes in 5K races. Higher level athletics IS possible with FMS. But we just have to work it gently oh so gently.

Let me know your experience. My email is [email protected] I don't see how to email you from the forum. (I am a newbie in the Cathe forum, but not new to exercise or forums!)

Jenzy35

Thanks for the tip about the Firm check in. I did know about that little inspiring group of people working hard on fitness in spite of their various conditions. I just don't have the time to be checking in every week. But I like to hear people's stories about how they are modifying their exercise regimens and still advancing forward even if they have had to change things a bit due to a special condition.

I was so so happy the day I completed BodyMax even though I have fibromyalgia. It is not a regular thing to do a workout like that yet, but I can see that I will reach that point eventually.

Jenzy35

check your email girl! :) look forward to hearing from you! i too "lurk" on the Firm forum but don't post as much.

take care!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-01 AT 01:08AM (Est)[/font][p]I met a wonderful woman named Laura when I went on the video fitness trip to see the filming of Christi Taylor's videos. She is a pretty advanced exerciser and has fibromyalgia. I will send her an email about you and maybe the two of you can connect. She is a terrific person and I think you'll really enjoy meeting her.

Best wishes, Cyndie

I agree!

Laura and I E-mail and she has such a positive outlook on life with all the fatigue and pain she goes thru. I know she'd be glad to share with you. Hi LAURA!!!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Wow, I couldn't believe it when I checked the Cathe boards and saw people talking about me.

Yes, Jenzy, please e-mail me, I would love to compare notes. I have been an advanced exerciser for several years and I've had fibromyalgia for about 20 years.

Cyndie, I had a GREAT time meeting you! You are an amazing woman.

Debbie, I will e-mail you soon

Laura

Hey Jenzy!

Good 2 hear from U! Just click on the envelope right below on the "LB post". That is Laura! I figured you didn't realize it was her. She has been thru so much but you'd never know it by her attitude. One of these days, I will get to meet her in person! Still waiting for that priviledge, Laura!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.