Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Workout Encouragement Needed

This is a discussion on Workout Encouragement Needed within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I've been in a major slump for awhile, and because of this, I need to lose even more weight than ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 AM
gettinfit@42's Profile Fields

Default Workout Encouragement Needed

I've been in a major slump for awhile, and because of this, I need to lose even more weight than before. According to my Dr. records, I'm morbidly obese. For health insurance, I've had to join Weight Watchers (again) and they pay for it. I have ALOT of Cathe's dating back to her earlier days, along with many other workouts. Classic Firms, Jari Love, Kelly Coffey-Meyer, Beach Body systems, Jillian, Bob....the list goes on. I suffer from fibromyalgia, and strength training is very important for this. I should also note that I'll be 47 next month.

I still have the following as Cathe virgins: The Low Impact Series and XTrain, along with Crossfire and To The Max, and the HIIT dvd. I love Cathe for strength training, but sometimes struggle with her cardio workouts (Love Step Heat from back in the day!).

Can someone PLEASE light a fire under my butt?!?! I need to lose about 80 lbs, and more importantly, I would like to lose inches. I have 3 weddings to attend this year too. Thanks for listening to me vent. I plan to be more active on Cathe's site because I don't feel like I truly belong at VF.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Cathlete
horsing around's Profile Fields

You've taken a great first step by seeking support on this forum. There are a lot a wonderful folks on here who will provide you with encouragement and motivation.

I feel each of us deserves to be a happy and healthy version of ourselves and exercise is one factor that contributes to that. May I recommend you start TODAY with Yoga Relax from LIS. It will ease you back into a routine and hopefully you'll feel good that you did something for yourself. Cathe's November 2011 rotation utilizes LIS; perhaps following it will give you some added direction. Don't worry if it takes you longer than 30 days...take one day at a time, celebrate minor victories and stay focused on your goals.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your progress!

Lisa
gettinfit@42 and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM

Thank you both for responding! I actually walked two miles with Leslie, so at least I did something today! I tend to not "stick" to things these days. I have a few good days, something gets in my way then I'm off track! A few years ago I was so dedicated to my workouts. I set a 7:00 appt with myself to workout.....I need to do that again!

I hope tomorrow to try one of the Xtrain strength workouts. For now I need to keep my cardio low impact. I was trying JNL a few weeks ago, and that was a mistake because my fibromyalgia was sort of acting up and the impact sent it spiraling. I know I will succeed this time with the wonderful support I'll get from this site!

Thanks again!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Cathlete
story1267's Profile Fields

Hi and welcome!

I think you're off to a great start and, as someone who has re-started many, many times my best advice to you is Embrace the Premix!

I too have fibromyalgia and am 45. Right now I'm doing Cathe's XTrain and LIS series rotation. Loving it. Strength training and HiiT...all good!

Be patient and kind to yourself. One workout at a time...just do Something. Let the joy of movement be your motivation and let the rest go.

Premixes let you participate without having to go all in on days you just can't face it. Or if you're short on time.

Good luck!
gettinfit@42 and mini-natty like this.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Hello!
I cant add much more then these other ladies wrote. I myself am trying to lose weight too and just like the post above me said, just take it one workout at a time and one day at a time. I love xtrain and i love the older cathes as well. I suggest also if u have it body fusion, basic step and low impact step and incorperate some LIS and use premixes from them til you can do more... And try to enjoy it. Have fun do what u can...everyday and dont stop dont quit! You deserve to be healthy and life a long life!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 PM

Thank you, Story and Renee!

Renee: When I was browsing the Weight Watcher check in group,I think I saw your name there. Is it a good check in?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Cathlete

Yes it is! Im not even actualy on that all the time because im undecided to do it or not since im trying mfp but no luck yet. But they are really a nice bunch or ladies! To say that is an understatment because they are so welcoming and included me in even tho i was thinking about joining but havnt yet. One offered a ww calculater. I thought that was so nice! I drop in to say hi once in a while there. Im on three other threads so afraid ill get to many going as well. I really hope we can lose the weight. I wish u luck and im, cheering you on!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneePruitt View Post
Yes it is! Im not even actualy on that all the time because im undecided to do it or not since im trying mfp but no luck yet. But they are really a nice bunch or ladies! To say that is an understatment because they are so welcoming and included me in even tho i was thinking about joining but havnt yet. One offered a ww calculater. I thought that was so nice! I drop in to say hi once in a while there. Im on three other threads so afraid ill get to many going as well. I really hope we can lose the weight. I wish u luck and im, cheering you on!
Hi Renee: What is mfp? :-)
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM

You ladies are wonderful! Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'll admit I've been looking around the site alot the past two days and a little overwelmed as to what workouts I want to do! I've been trying to skinny down my dvd collection and just stick to ones I know I click with (Cathe, Kelly, Jillian, some BeachBody).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Cathlete

Mfp is myfitnesspals it is a site with people trackong calories and it leys u track fat and sugar and protein. Its a great place to most of people lose the weight but there is a few of us that isnt losing but it is a nice place,to try.