what's moostt like push pull?

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
Hello ladies... I just love push pull and would love to know what other workout kinda resembles this. I love the music.. love that it is in and out not a lot of fuss and u can make it easy or hard. I love the push pull concept all of it. I would like to know which of Cathe other weight workout is total body no nonsense in 45 minutes! I just hate having to view them all again just to find it. Lol. Lov push pull thanks!

Hi Renee--sorry you haven't gotten any replies. I really don't have a suggestion for you, just wanted to say that I did Push Pull for the first time this morning and I love it! She covers a lot of ground in just 45 minutes! I now have most of Cathe's strength workouts and have done about 2/3 of them and so far I haven't come across any like Push Pull--it is unique!

Push and Pull/ Total body triset

Hi Renee--sorry you haven't gotten any replies. I really don't have a suggestion for you, just wanted to say that I did Push Pull for the first time this morning and I love it! She covers a lot of ground in just 45 minutes! I now have most of Cathe's strength workouts and have done about 2/3 of them and so far I haven't come across any like Push Pull--it is unique!

To Renee, I have not been able to reply to your thread cause I have not got push and pull. It is in my wish list. Based on the fact the stability ball is mainly used in both push and pull and triset, I am under the impression it is similar to total body triset from LIS... I am not 100% sure though cause Cathe always add various technique and challenge when she launch a workout similar to previous format. I am going to add it in future for sure. In meantime it would be great to have cathletes thoughts on this...;););)

To jengollf, Have you ever tried Total triset?

Kind Regards,

Nathalie

Thanks for your replys. Its fine ill just keep using it and do the premix to change it up some. Yes that is y I love it so NOT boring because u get in and get out. You can go light or heavy. But thank you both so. Much for trying to answer. Lol.

Hi Nathalie-- not yet. It is my strength work next week tho! I'm looking forward to it!

To Jengollf,

I am sure you will love it. I did it today plus cardio segment from 4DS kickboxing...You will be introduced to "Dixies cup". :D I love the step up on high step with reverse lunge down. It will work your legs and glutes really good:p. It last 40 minutes but it does not feel 40 minutes in terms of the contents you get from it. so much good stuff...It is a very good strength mixed with medium intense cardio...heart rate up up...The stability ball does fire the core and Hamstrings big time!:D:D:D In a good way of course lol

To sum up it is a strength workout challenging your balance ability.

Please let us know how you get on with triset:):)

Nathalie

Last edited:
Renee,

I don't know of any other total body dvds like Push Pull. For splits though the pyramids are similar and leaner legs is about 35 minutes of just lower body in the push pull flair then you can do the abs after it if you want. Also 4 day split has upper body parts in the push pull manner (you do chest and back together, then shoulders, then bi's and tris).

Beth

That sounds interesting. I was thinking the pyramids may be good. In and out no nonsense not to many reps at one set. I don't like hoover squats or like biceps and do low end curls. Blah blah lol. I want 12 or even 16 reps, go on to 2nd set. Hard to explain.

Muscle Max

Renee,
Muscle Max has a premix that is only upper body and only 33 min long. If you want to do splits, that may be one you'd like. It's called Upper Body Push Pull. It doesn't include all of the UB work from MM, but most of it.
Also I agree about CTX Leaner Legs; it is a great push-pull. I love that one too !
Linda

Renee--I did LIS Total Body Trisets this week and even though they are great workouts, they are not like Push Pull. That's my opinion. Push Pull is just a unique workout. I found Supersets, which is on the same disk, more like Push Pull than anything else so far.

Nathalie--Love Total Body Trisets! Did the Upper Body Split on Tuesday and I am still sore! I did the Lower Body Split this morning and it was tough! I anticipate possible DOMS! I finished it out with TTM 30/20 premix. All together it was an excellent workout! Yet another Cathe keeper! I am so happy I discovered Cathe workouts--they are all I want to do anymore. And I own so many other workout DVDs (good ones, too!) but nothing compares to Cathe's.

jengollf said:
Renee--I did LIS Total Body Trisets this week and even though they are great workouts, they are not like Push Pull. That's my opinion. Push Pull is just a unique workout. I found Supersets, which is on the same disk, more like Push Pull than anything else so far.

Nathalie--Love Total Body Trisets! Did the Upper Body Split on Tuesday and I am still sore! I did the Lower Body Split this morning and it was tough! I anticipate possible DOMS! I finished it out with TTM 30/20 premix. All together it was an excellent workout! Yet another Cathe keeper! I am so happy I discovered Cathe workouts--they are all I want to do anymore. And I own so many other workout DVDs (good ones, too!) but nothing compares to Cathe's.

Thank you very much! I didn't think there would be because I couldn't find one either. I just love being able to weight lift entire body in 45 minutes! I reach for it often lol.

total triset

Hi Jengollf,

Glad you hear You like triset...I new you were going to.

as to your comment highlighted above, there are many of us! I actually wish I had discovered cathe ten fifteen years earlier :):):)
You are in good hands working out with cathe.

xxx

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.