Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

What was hardest when you started Cathe/working out?

This is a discussion on What was hardest when you started Cathe/working out? within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; For those who have not been into working out/athletic their whole lives, what did you struggle with most when you ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Catheite
Candiceena's Profile Fields

Default What was hardest when you started Cathe/working out?

For those who have not been into working out/athletic their whole lives, what did you struggle with most when you first started with Cathe (or whatever you started with, for that matter)?

I feel like my legs are pretty strong in general, but I am really lacking (I think) when it comes to my cardio endurance. I just did Body Fusion for the first time and the weights part was easy, but the cardio was really really hard. I only had my step on the ground, I didn't use any of the risers.

Does the cardio get easier? Is there anything I can do to build my cardio up with out feeling like I'm absolutely killing my lungs lol? Or do I just need to grin and bare it until my level gets where it needs to be?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Hi,
I felt out of shape when I started working out cathe ...my 1st cathe cardio w/o was body max ...after about 3attempts , I managed to keep up with cathe and the crew. Some cardio do get easier some don't . CCC and Hiit never get easier in my opinion. Having said that, if you r up for an ongoing challenge you are in good place !

All the very best ,
mini-natty likes this.

Fitness is not about being better than someone
else. It's about being better than you used to be.

======================================

Nathalie
Old 01-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Hi there,

I think what you are experiencing is completely normal and common. It does take a bit of time to gain cardio endurance. Just keep on practicing, keep on having a positive attitude, keep on pushing yourself a little harder each time you feel ok to do so, and eventually it will get easier (but never "easy" with some of Cathe's cardio ). Just give it time and soon you will be able to do hiit/tabata/intervals, without feeling like your lungs are going to collapse.

When I started with Cathe May 2011, I could barely keep up with her during her Shock Cardio Hiit's. On Saturday I did Tabatacise (all 5 rounds!) and felt great about my cardio output . I have come a long way, and so will you .

Good luck & take care,

Natasha
nckfitheart2009 likes this.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Catheite

Thanks for the feedback ladies. That is very reassuring. I just ordered the two bundles that are on today's deal of the day. I'm excited to have some cardio premixes.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Please come back as u do them and tell is what u think!
I know sounds nuts but i love hearing what you liked and why, it makes me want to revisit the wo again, or motivates me to do more workouts.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

One way to look at it is if you can do a workout easily when you first get it, it's too easy for you! It should be hard so you can work up to it. It's so motivating to have trouble at first and, by continuing to work at it, get better and better. That's when you know you're making progress in your fitness. Hang in there!
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Catheite

That's a really good point exercise-lover! That is one of the things that I absolutely LOVE about step workouts. I am able focus on the fact that I'm learning and getting better at a challenge (learning the steps) and not just "oh I have to run for 30 minutes today...I love to dance and step but love =/= talent lol. I swear I have THREE left feet lol. But I still love it.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Catheite
lcsavik's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
That's a really good point exercise-lover! That is one of the things that I absolutely LOVE about step workouts. I am able focus on the fact that I'm learning and getting better at a challenge (learning the steps) and not just "oh I have to run for 30 minutes today...I love to dance and step but love =/= talent lol. I swear I have THREE left feet lol. But I still love it.
You will out grow the 3 left feet feeling if you keep practicing. Step Blast was my first step workout ever. I love the focus that step choreography requires. I love step workouts with a learning curve. My first time with Step Blast should have been recorded. I can't count how many times I was on the wrong side of the step or facing the wrong direction. Wish Cathe would come out with a complex step workout.

Boot camp was my first Cathe workout. Oh boy I can't tell you how many times I had to pause and breathe. My lungs were actually hurting! I was surprised because I was in track and ran bleachers etc... I can say that after the Bootcamp rotation I could complete all of BC without a break but it was not easy.
If u stay consistent and work up slowly in intensity you will be able to keep up with Cathe eventually.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsavik View Post
You will out grow the 3 left feet feeling if you keep practicing. Step Blast was my first step workout ever. I love the focus that step choreography requires. I love step workouts with a learning curve. My first time with Step Blast should have been recorded. I can't count how many times I was on the wrong side of the step or facing the wrong direction. Wish Cathe would come out with a complex step workout.

If u stay consistent and work up slowly in intensity you will be able to keep up with Cathe eventually.
LOL, I should have recorded my first time with Step Blast too . ITA with the above posted. I LOVE step workouts with a learning curve .

And good for you Candiceena for not giving up! It does get easier, so hang in there sweetie . BTW, do you have Step Blast? That one is absolutely wonderful IMO because the step-choreo is complex, but it is not very demanding (steady-state cardio). BUT THEN towards the end () you get to the "blasts" section, where your cardio endurance is put to the test (you may go aerobic/anaerobic). I believe there are 3 "blasts", so you can gradually build up to them, doing only *1* and then as you get better, all 3. The music is incredible, and builds with the intensity. Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones anyone? Oh my, you can't get any better than that .

Good luck!

Natasha
Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Catheite

Hi ladies,

I am glad to hear that the 3-left feet feeling will wear off Slowly but surely I feel like I am getting better and better at learning the step choreography and I also am feeling more coordinated. It makes me SOOOO HAPPY when I can get through a whole combo w/o messing up once (it is a rarity though, at least for now haha).

I'm actually super excited because last week I ordered Body Blast series and Low Impact series when they were the DOD and I just got them tonight!! I'm super excited to have some new additions to my Cathe collection! I noticed Step Blast is in the Body Blast series so I am thinking of poppipng that one in tonight
mini-natty likes this.