What do you think of TAEBO?

Amy100

Hi,
I got introduced to kickboxing through Cathe's Cardiokicks, which I love... I also have Powerstrike. I was thinking about trying a TaeBo workout, but I am not sure which one to start with- seems like there are varying reviews. Anyone have a specific recommendation?
Thanks!
Amy

I don't have TAEBO workouts but I have read great opinions about the advanced lived series of Billy Blanks.I have seen that the two circuit workouts of Billy have been selected the the best calories burner. You can see it at the collage video home page. I have kickboxing workouts. My favorites are kickboxing strike zone of Janis Saffell and the hardcore kickbox circuit of Janis and Guillermo Gómez.Hope this helps.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

I don't know how people can take that incessant counting. Ugghh. I'll take KPC or Powerstrike anyday, thank you. On a positive note, I am sure it is very effective, albeit annoying.:)

I love TAEBO. I'd try his circuit series, if I were you. They're a little easier than Cathe, but I use them on days when I need a less intense workout.

I think he's great.

His "Get Ripped" advanced workouts are pretty good. He is no Cathe for sure.

His workouts move at a carzy pace from one move to another and sometimes he does not do equal amts of work on each side. He is fun though. If you can keep up with his pace, you will get a good workout. He does march in place sometimes while he explains the next move. I can't stand to march in place, so I will do jumping jacks instead. He does some exercise that are wonderful for oblique work.

HTH's, Renee

I'm with Renee. The Get Ripped series is pretty good. Billy Blanks does have a problem with making both sides even. He's a good instructor though. I find him very encouraging. I browsed through an old Tae Bo book at our local used bookstore once and read that Billy Blanks designed Tae Bo for women whom he believes have great power in their legs. He has a segment in his Legs workout (same Get Ripped series) where he makes you do many kicks with one leg, then he makes you hold that leg in place. It burns!

Tae Bo is something you'd like to bring out when you're looking for something lower impact and with less intensity. Don't expect too much out out of the production value though, especially in the old workouts.

Pinky

Hi Amy,

I am not a really big fan of Billie Blanks, but love Janis Saffell for kickboxing. My faves are Hardcore Kickbox Circuit & Kick It.

Aila:)

I like Taebo a lot. I use mostly Cathe workouts, but have recently bought some Taebos on dvd. I had the original set and sold all of my tapes on e bay. I have the get ripped advanced series which are really good. I also have the Ultimate abs and the ultimate butt. both of the ultimates are compilations. I think they are good, but use them as add ons as they are not as intense for cardio.
Diane Sue

I love the older Tae Bo workouts. I think the Advanced Live is great, I've posted before that my abs and glutes always look the best when I include this. Get Ripped Advanced and Tae Bo Abs and Glutes are the others I like. I bought Tae Bo Flex and Cardio, and they are too easy. I have learned that I have to alternate sides each time I do Tae Bo to make up for the imbalanced counting, which is annoying. If you love Cardiokicks, then go with the more advanced Tae Bo.

I'm another fan of the Tae Bo Advanced Live (vol 1-12) and the Get Ripped series. They are a lot of fun. His new Ciruits are fun too. I didn't like Flex or Cardio either and gave them away.
Jo

I used to do Tae Bo Advanced Live all the time. They are great cardio workouts. For some reason, I rarely do them anymore. I must of burnt myself out with Billy a few years ago. I often reach for them, but I always grab a Cathe or something else. Maybe I find him a little annoying. I think Friday I am going to make myself do a Tae Bo workout!

Frankly, not much. Mind you, I have not tried the Live tapes, but the only good thing I did find about the tapes I did try was that they were low impact. Otherwise, I thought they were boring, lop-sided and it was hard to understand him.

JMHO,
Nancy

I like Tae Bo, but I don't love it, and don't do it often. I much prefer Powerstrikes. I can stand Billy's counting, but he ALWAYS miscounts sets on each side. One more recent workout I got was even for quite a bit, and I became hopeful! But about 12 minutes in , the unevenness began. And he seems to compound it by doing uneven counting several times (so one side of abs gets about 8 sets of leg lifts, while the other side gets only 4 total!). AARGH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.