What Did She Say???

Stacy

Cathlete
I was just reading the bloopers post and it made me think of funny things said or what I think was said....

In Cardio&Weights when Cathe says "box lunge" I always think she's saying "boxed lunch"...and I start thinking about food! It makes me push myself harder during the workout after that...not sure yet if it's b/c I want to burn off calories or b/c I want to hurry up and grab some lunch!

Any others out there you'd like to share??

For me the classic is in StepFit, Cathe is whooping a bit and says in a warbley voice 'yea-ha', there's a pause and she says 'was that a sheep?' cracks me up every time.

I just noticed recently a part in PUB where I always talk back to her. During a shakey set of biceps she says 'it's all in your mind', my response, 'no, it's all in my biceps!':7

It took me forever to figure out that in Cardio & Weights she was saying 'sculpt 7', not 'salt 7', no wonder it didn't make sense :+

Take Care
Laurie:)

I know this is very childish, but when Cathe says, "I feel a blast coming . . . and it's a big one," in Imax (I think it's Imax), I always chuckle, because I think of, well, passing gas. As I said, I know it's childish, but I can't help but think of that!

I always love in ME when she's doing low ends and says "time for your favorite" and then she says "did I say it was my favorite? nooooo I said it was YOUR favorite!" LOL! It always makes me chuckle.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Cathe also says slap clap in SJP. If any of you have kids maybe you're familiar with the cartoon "Jimmy Neutron". The character Bolbie has a dance he calls the slap, slap, slap, clap, clap, clap.
I think of Bolbie when Cathe says slap clap.
Kids make you think of the darndest things.

Jen

Okay, I think it's in Kickmax, but when Cathe shouts "Go again!" it always sounds to me like she's saying, "Gilligan!" just like the Skipper! It makes me laugh every time.

I just saw Boot Camp on FitTV yesterday, and it reminded me that in one set of push-ups, Cathe says "now don't you wish you could feel this good on your hands all the time" or something similar. Whaaat?

>I know this is very childish, but when Cathe says, "I feel a
>blast coming . . . and it's a big one," in Imax (I think it's
>Imax), I always chuckle, because I think of, well, passing
>gas. As I said, I know it's childish, but I can't help but
>think of that!

Were you by any chance eating beans and cabbage before the workout? :)

Okay, I have to chime in here, I totally CRACK UP during KPC when Cathe is going back and forth from front and rear kicks to "jacks" then back to the kicks she says, "did you keep jacking on me?" It gets me every time.

Kathryn, LOL, I always wonder about that as well!

The one that got me is in ME, during the barbell squats, when Cathe says, 'Don't worry about those shaking legs.' For the first year I thought she was saying, "Don't worry about those chicken legs." WTH?!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Melissa, that's the one I was thinking of too ... I just want to laugh every time she says that; its awful isn't it?

>Okay, I have to chime in here, I totally CRACK UP during KPC
>when Cathe is going back and forth from front and rear kicks
>to "jacks" then back to the kicks she says, "did you keep
>jacking on me?" It gets me every time.

These are so funny (the snowball heels thread is a hoot).

In the 7th interval of LowMax, it always sounds to me like she says, "Slap and tickle", instead of "Tap & kick". What subconscious stuff is going on with me? LOL!

Sandra

Thanks for clearing that up Kathryn.

I always thought I must have heard Cathe wrong in Bootcamp, I am pretty deaf, but I don't wear my hearing aid when I work out, so I know i missunderstand alot of stuff...

But I know I always get this "what the heck?" look on my face when she says that about pushups. I just don't get that at all!:D

I just did BootCamp yesterday, and I think it's in the last cycle where we do ice breakers. Cathe says, "Remember, arms add 20% to the orbit - output." Is that what she says? Is that an error or do I just not have any idea what it means?

:) she actually says 'aerobic output':) The 'orbit output' percentages come into play on tuck jumps, airbornes and airjacks:+ :7

Take Care
Laurie:)

>These are so funny (the snowball heels thread is a hoot).
>
>In the 7th interval of LowMax, it always sounds to me like she
>says, "Slap and tickle", instead of "Tap & kick". What
>subconscious stuff is going on with me? LOL!
>
>Sandra

LMAO! Sandra, thats so funny! What is your subconsious thinking about? LOL!

I think it's in IMAX that she says "time to get a light sip of water" half way through.

For about 6 months I thought she was saying
" Time to get a leg supporter"! That sounded good to me! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.