weight training without using a step.

JJG425

I'm an advanced exceriser and new to cathe's workouts. I recently moved to a small apartment and don't have much storage space for a barbell, step or a ball. By reading the forum I see KPC is great for cardio. What would you suggest for weight training for upper and lower body that would not require a step and can be used with dumbells. The only step I have is the fanny lifter. Thanks.

Hi!

Pyramid Upper Body uses only dumbells. You could do the flys and chest presses on the ground, like Cathe does in some of her workouts. You could sit on a chair for the shoulder work. The only other exercise that might be a problem would be the back pullover exercise. She uses a stability ball at the end for abs, but overall I think it would be a good workout for your situation. Pyramid Lower Body would work too. You can use your fanny lifter for the leg presses and substitute dumbbells for the barbell. I know a lot of people mention they used dumbells anyway because they did not like switching the barbell weight all the time.

Legs and Glutes is another good one. You will only need dumbells and a fanny lifter. You could use a broom stick or something for balance during the calf raises. Oh Yeah, ankle weights are used too.

I am sure you will get lots of great suggestions on the forum here.

Have a great day!!!

Beverly

Thank you Beverly, I appreciate the information. I've heard wonderful things about Cathe and her workout videos. I can't wait to get started.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.