VHS Videos

Christie K.

I am new to this and the first of January I purchased a step and some dumbells, along with your "All Step" video. I've been doing it at least 5 times a week and have gotten pretty used to it and really enjoy it. What VHS video would you recommend as a second level to "All Step"? I want to continue to work my way up but did not know which video might be the best. The only equipment I have is the step and some 5lb and 8lb dumbells and a floor mat. Also, once I purchase another video, should I alternate doing the two? If so, what would you recommend on a weekly basis?
Thanks for your reply. I'm really enjoying the All Step video.

:)

Hi Christie,

Welcome to the forums. I love helping other people buy new stuff (I think I'm living vicariously as I already have so many videos).

In answering your question, I will refer to VHS titles only. If you are also open to DVD let me know and I can make some modifications to my suggestions.

Congratulations on getting down the All Step choreography! A lot of people get very frustrated with this workout because the pace moves very quickly. Anyway, if you are looking for just step videos (no weights included), you may want to consider Rhythmic Step of Step Blast. Cathe has some older step workouts which are all good, just not a recent. Good ones are Power Max, Step Fit, and Step Heat.

If you are looking for a mixture of cardio and weights there are several options. You could purchase the rest of the CTX series which has 4 additioal tapes with cardio segments (step, kickbox, hi/lo, intervals) followed by weight segments for the different upper body parts and Leaner Legs, a lower body workout. If you are looking for a single, comprehensive cardio and weights video, you may want to look at cardio and weights (one of my favorites), circuit max (step, hi/lo, and kickbox cardio segments), or Step, Pump, and Jump (a step routine, hi/lo with weight intervals, more weights and abs at the end). Just to let you know Step, Jump and Pump is over an hour whereas the other two are about an hour long.

If you want to use your step for some killer cardio intervals, IMAX 2 is just killer.

I would suggest looking up my recommendations on the site, reading about them, and watching the streaming video clips. That should help you decide.

Good Luck!

FYI:I just read that in the future Cathe will be releasing new workouts only in the DVD format. Although it may be more expensive, the options for combining workout and customizing might be something you may want to consider for the future.

Rhonda

Sabine, Thanks very much for your information. Sorry for the delay in the reply. I received a Catalog which I will review and will follow up on the tips you offered. Once again, thanks very much.

:)

Rhonda, thanks for the tip. I do have a DVD Player, but unfortunately my husband and son keep it occupied pretty much of the time. I resorted to using my son's television which has a built in VCR. That way I can go into my own private room to do the exercises.

Thanks for the tip though!

;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.