turbo sts tower

nightowl81

Cathlete
I FINALLY have a way to do half body pull ups and chin ups with a barre thing. I'm kind of excited I can finally do P90X and STS the way it was meant to be done (I know, I'm way late to the party.)

I was wondering why Cathe doesn't do pullups anymore in her workouts? Are they going to be in Xtrain? Would people like to see them more often or would yous feel that's just another piece of equipment to drag out ?(and I know some people don't have a door near their workout space to use the bands).

I guess I can check out P90X One-on-Ones for more workouts with pullups.

Also, is it normal to not even be able to do a full pull up with the tower? I guess I'm supposed to be able to pull myself all the way to the top but I'm finding that even hard and a challenge.

Last edited:
I personally would not like to see them in workout. I have a pull-up bar, but my house is just not conducive to using it properly. I have a squat rack where I could do them modified, but that options does not allow for me to modify for my weak wrist, so I can't do them that way either.

I think pullups are a great exercise and if I was at a gym, I would add them to a routine. But in my home it just doesn't workout well.

I love pull/chin-ups with my Tower! I can only do 2 of the full version (both feet off ground) and the rest I modify in a supine position or bridge position. I also have a bad lower back which restricts me from doing any form of back exercises with a heavy weight. That's where pull/chin-ups come in handy! If I'm doing a Cathe workout that does not include pull/chin-ups as part of the back exercises, I will substitute and do them anyway :D. So even if they are not performed in Xtrain :)() my advice would be for you to just include them yourself. That's what I'm planning on doing ;).

And yes, doing a full pull-up unmodified is a big challenge. To hoist your entire body weight up and knock out several reps is not for the faint of heart (or muscles). Even doing them in a supine position is challenging, but from my personal experiences, nothing hits the back muscles more effectively. Actually, that exercise is a powerhouse for all upper body muscles :eek:.

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.