Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Turbo Barre - shoes?

This is a discussion on Turbo Barre - shoes? within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Turbo Barre with or without shoes? I've never worked out without shoes on before. Seems like it would be weird....

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Cathlete

Default Turbo Barre - shoes?

Turbo Barre with or without shoes? I've never worked out without shoes on before. Seems like it would be weird.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Cathlete

Without But I do love being barefoot!
RapidBreath and mini-natty like this.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

I do this workout without because Cathe and the girls are without. It felt really strange at first but I quickly got use to it!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Cool Working out Bare!

It's Okay First five minutes I felt just a little bit strange too.
I prefer to do my warm up bare foot too---It helps to relax

Fitness is not about being better than someone
else. It's about being better than you used to be.

======================================

Nathalie
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

I've done barre with/without shoes: WITHOUT is soooo much better! I find that because my thigh is on the heavy side the shoe just adds more weight to the leg and pulls me down when I want my leg to go higher . Also, I find my range of motion during the plie's to be much better without shoes. I just find shoes so restrictive during all the exercise. BOTTOM LINE: NO SHOES
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Cathlete

Thanks everyone!! I just finished Turrbo Barre with NO shoes it was not as bad as I thought it would be
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

I notice that I have to work harder to get my balance when I'm not wearing shoes so I think it's good to not wear them; also, I think it is in line with the barefoot concept - that you have to work the muscles in your feet instead of letting the stability of the shoes do all the work.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Catheite

I do all of my weight work barefoot. It helps to strenghten the muscles in your feet, especially your arch. Doing this has helped me eliminate my PF, and therefore made running so much easier for me.
sjane and Jenniferlove like this.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Catheite

I 2nd your experience momto4. I do all my indoor exercising barefoot and it has totally eliminated my PF. When I didn't exercise for a month or 2, the PF would returned and than immediately disappeared when I started exercising barefoot again. Just the opposite of what I had been told by professionals, to always wear supportive footwear.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_90 View Post
I 2nd your experience momto4. I do all my indoor exercising barefoot and it has totally eliminated my PF. When I didn't exercise for a month or 2, the PF would returned and than immediately disappeared when I started exercising barefoot again. Just the opposite of what I had been told by professionals, to always wear supportive footwear.
After I read the book "Born to Run" it totally changed my thinking. I had previously had both PF and a heel spur. I ditched the shoes for everything except high impact exercise and it did the trick within weeks. I too had been told to wear supportative shoes, never go barefoot, ect. Now I'm always without shoe unless I leave my house or I'm doing high impact training. For running I wear a thin soled shoe with no pronation correction and it has drastically changed my feet for the better.
RapidBreath likes this.