Turbo Barre - shoes?

atompki1

Cathlete
Turbo Barre with or without shoes? I've never worked out without shoes on before. Seems like it would be weird.

I do this workout without because Cathe and the girls are without. It felt really strange at first but I quickly got use to it!

Working out Bare!

:D:D
It's Okay :rolleyes::rolleyes:First five minutes I felt just a little bit strange too.
I prefer to do my warm up bare foot too---It helps to relax ;)

I've done barre with/without shoes: WITHOUT is soooo much better! I find that because my thigh is on the heavy side :eek: the shoe just adds more weight to the leg and pulls me down when I want my leg to go higher :mad:. Also, I find my range of motion during the plie's to be much better without shoes. I just find shoes so restrictive during all the exercise. BOTTOM LINE: NO SHOES :D

Thanks everyone!! I just finished Turrbo Barre with NO shoes :) it was not as bad as I thought it would be :eek:

I notice that I have to work harder to get my balance when I'm not wearing shoes so I think it's good to not wear them; also, I think it is in line with the barefoot concept - that you have to work the muscles in your feet instead of letting the stability of the shoes do all the work.

I do all of my weight work barefoot. It helps to strenghten the muscles in your feet, especially your arch. Doing this has helped me eliminate my PF, and therefore made running so much easier for me.

I 2nd your experience momto4. I do all my indoor exercising barefoot and it has totally eliminated my PF. When I didn't exercise for a month or 2, the PF would returned and than immediately disappeared when I started exercising barefoot again. Just the opposite of what I had been told by professionals, to always wear supportive footwear.

I 2nd your experience momto4. I do all my indoor exercising barefoot and it has totally eliminated my PF. When I didn't exercise for a month or 2, the PF would returned and than immediately disappeared when I started exercising barefoot again. Just the opposite of what I had been told by professionals, to always wear supportive footwear.

After I read the book "Born to Run" it totally changed my thinking. I had previously had both PF and a heel spur. I ditched the shoes for everything except high impact exercise and it did the trick within weeks. I too had been told to wear supportative shoes, never go barefoot, ect. Now I'm always without shoe unless I leave my house or I'm doing high impact training. For running I wear a thin soled shoe with no pronation correction and it has drastically changed my feet for the better.

After I read the book "Born to Run" it totally changed my thinking. I had previously had both PF and a heel spur. I ditched the shoes for everything except high impact exercise and it did the trick within weeks. I too had been told to wear supportative shoes, never go barefoot, ect. Now I'm always without shoe unless I leave my house or I'm doing high impact training. For running I wear a thin soled shoe with no pronation correction and it has drastically changed my feet for the better.

What kinda shoes do u wear for running?

I tried bare foot but so many feet problems, i cant keep balance at all thanks to surgeries. As for running i have to have cusion because i have bony patrusions in thre points heal and ball of foot under big toe and lottle toe. So no minimalist running shoes for me. I tried. , :(

What kinda shoes do u wear for running?

I wear Newton running shoes. They've helped to change from a heel strike stride to a mid foot /fore foot strike. I love them, I really can't say enough good things about them. My running times have improved, my heel spurs are gone, they've been a godsend for me.

I wear Newton running shoes. They've helped to change from a heel strike stride to a mid foot /fore foot strike. I love them, I really can't say enough good things about them. My running times have improved, my heel spurs are gone, they've been a godsend for me.

YEAH! I wear the same shoes for almost a year now. I love my distance u Newton shoes!

YEAH! I wear the same shoes for almost a year now. I love my distance u Newton shoes!

Just an FYI...I buy mine thru runningwarehouse.com. They sell them often at a liquidation price which is $30-$40 less than other places and there is a facebook coupon code you can look up that's another 15% off. They have great customer service and usually free 2 day shipping.

Or you could try a pair of soft sole ballet shoes (don't forget to sew on the little elastic strap, they often don't come with it attached.) The other alternative would be a soft soled jazz shoe, thats the way I am going to go. I just get them online through Capezio, but you might want to go to a local dance supply store to try them on to be sure you get the right size. They are best worn with a true dance tight and usually don't cost too much, about 30-40 dollars, sometimes less.

That is very interesting about the connection between your foot ailments and exercising in bare feet. You all are making me want to go barefoot, but my feet are SO COLD. I workout on a vinyl floor. Maybe I should just suck it up! ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.