Suggestions? - Cardio and Weights

SNM Videos

Administrator
I have posted a format for Cardio and Weights(1 of 6 new videos I'm working on) below and I would greatly appreciate if you would contribute your thoughts as to whether it sounds good as is or if you would rather see it changed somehow.
Warmly,

Cathe Friedrich

Cardio and Weights....This workout will be approximately 50 to 60 minutes. It will consist of a warm up, 5 cardio/weight cycles, a brief ab workout and a stretch. Each cardio cycle will consist of 5 minutes of step aerobics and 2 to 3 minutes of upper body weight exercises. These exercises will most likely be super sets. The weight will range from moderate to heavy. Would you like to see leg exercises included in the weight portions or would you rather save you leg reserves so that you are able to go all out on your step aerobic cardio portions? Or perhaps some weight cycles with legs and some weight cycles with upper body? Your thoughts please?

Crossing all my fingers, my toes, and my eyes that you will make this a "Body Max Lite"- meaning ALL STEP for the cardio. I just find your Hi-Lo and Kickboxing to be too high impact. Besides, I think you are at your best with step combos and Body Max is my favorite Cathe tape!

Well, duh....

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 07:11PM (Est)[/font][p]I got too excited. I see where you have already said this will be all step!

As for the weight work- I would prefer all upper body so I could give my all to the step.

Bless you, Cathe- I can't wait!

RE: Well, duh....

I would actually prefer including leg exercises, but I will buy it either way as both ways have its advantages. Thanks Cathe!

My preference would be to include some weight cycles for lower body and upper body.
These new workouts sounds great!

I would like to see the times for the cardio and weights reversed; more time devoted to weights than cardio. I love the idea of all step routines for the cardio, but please make the movements modifiable to lower impact for those of us who can't take high impact but still want to take part in your workouts. Simple but fun cardio combos preferred over just doing one or two movements over and over until the segment is finished. Perhaps a little lower body can be worked in by making some of the upper body movements compound movements - military presses while doing side step squats or rows combined with plie squats, etc.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 10:39PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 08:10 PM (Est)[/font]

I like the idea of some weight cycles with legs and some with upper body. I'd also like to see the same itensity that you always use in your tapes, impact wise, with maybe a background exerciser you can see at all times showing low impact. That way we all can choose which level to work that day. I like a combination of Hi/Lo, kickbox & step. Thanks for our input.(Make that...Thanks for allowing our input!)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

i REALLY like the way this one sounds and am greatly anticipating it's "arrival!" I love working my legs and i really would like to see the lower body added...it just seems to me it would be a more complete workout. also, PLEASE don't switch the times around, making the weight segments out last the cardio. i get such a high coming down from a good cardio segment and going into weight work...all that sweat pouring off of your body makes you feel like you're giving it your all. granted with your workouts we have to. :) just wanted to add my .02. good luck with your new venture. we all will be waiting! cathy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 08:03PM (Est)[/font][p]I'm looking forward to this one the most! I would like Upper and Lower weights. I'd also like the step fun a little complex as opposed to all power moves.

I prefer the Upper Body Weights only idea too so that on cardio, I can go all out. If we incorporate the legs as well, we might not be able to get the full cardio benefit of it.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 08:38PM (Est)[/font][p]I would like the weight work to be for the upper body. It would make a cool tape to do as an upper body tape plus get some cardio in too. Then the next day we could do Meaner Legs or your new killer leg split. I too, like another poster, wouldn't mind if there were more minutes of weights, and perhaps less cardio. Like perhaps four to four. As you can see I am thinking in terms of using this an upper body alternative tape.

hi
I loved cicuit max
I would prefer shorter cardio & longer weights.little leg work but high intensity stepping with a few kickbox moves off the step.Please have the men back.
Ki

I would like the all upper body weight cycles with the step cardio just like you describe it. Since there are only 5 cycles, it would benefit us more if we stick to either upper or lower only and I vote for upper!!

My preference would be just as you have it. (No lower body weight work) I'm so glad you're using step only for the cardio. It sounds perfect, but I'm sure I'd love it either way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.