Suggestions? - Boot Camp Circuit

SNM Videos

Administrator
I have posted a format for Boot Camp Circuit(1 of 6 new videos I'm working on) below and I would greatly appreciate if you would contribute your thoughts as to whether it sounds good as is or if you would rather see it changed somehow.:)

Warmly,

Cathe Friedrich

Boot Camp Circuit....This workout can be 45 to 60 minutes in length. What are your thoughts about length? I was thinking of doing 10 cycles of four minute "boot camp blasts" after a warm up. Each four minute blast would be broken down as follows:
a) 45 second upper body blast (brief rest follows)
b) 45 second tough core exercise (brief rest follows)
c) 45 second tough leg exercise (brief rest follows)
d) 45 second tough cardio blast (brief rest follows)

The workout will conclude with a stretch.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 07:14PM (Est)[/font][p]When you say "45 second tough leg exercises" MAKE IT LOW ENDS!!!!! THEY ROCK! Ok, they kill my legs, but they ROCK!

As far as length of the tape-I say go for it 60 minutes. Give us a great warm-up and cool down, with a killer workout in between!

I can hardly wait!

A boot camp workout from Cathe. OMG, I can't hardly wait. I'd love to go for 60 min. Give us some more tough stuff. I have to agree, those low ends are awesome, killer but awesome. I'd like to see athletic moves like jumpropes, jacks, pushups. Make it tough, well, I don't have to tell you that. :)

Sharon

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 07:30PM (Est)[/font][p]I would prefer a 50-minute tape. Perhaps the rest periods could be briefer to accommodate the shorter length, or just include the rest period after each block of lower/upper/core/cardio exercises. For the cardio, it would be great if the movements could be such that they can be modified to be used on a rebounder for those of us with twingy joints.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-02 AT 07:25PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-02 AT 00:57 AM (Est)[/font]

60 min tape including warm up and stretch. I have never done a 'boot camp' style workout... my first!

Haslina

Edit in: Yes, kick-boxing moves would be great since you are not making Cardio Kicks II. And bring the men back too, may be I can get DH to do it with me.

Please make it 60 mins long. If anybody prefers under 60 mins, then they can always omit a section or two. With your awesome DVD chaptering it's very easy to skip sections, IMO.

I think 45 minutes, which includes the warm up and the cool down, would be to short.

60 minutes of a total running time would be great!!!

I'd vote for 45 minutes on this one; you could cover a lot of ground in that time span. The format sounds great.

I would really like 60minutes. But to keep those who want a shorter workout happy, how about ending the cycles after 45minutes, and including an extended ab workout, or a really nice long, maybe yoga-focused stretch? I really love the stretch in Step Fit!

It sounds like it would be an awesome workout, but I would like it to be a cardio foucused workout, using any weights as cardio intensifiers, rather than for muscular endurance. I would love hard punches in the upper body segments, these really help bring out arm definition for me. I love the constantly changing format, I would not have the time to get bored!

Hi
I am one of your male video users.Please make it 60 minutes of hardcore military drills.I suggest researching and contacting the military to see their training guide.Athletic and tough - no nonsense with your male participants from circuit max & cardio kicks
thank you
Ki

Hi Cathe,
Please, please make it 60 minutes long. I am so so excited about every single one of those videos. I can't wait.
Phyllis

Cathe
60 minutes sounds GREAT!! Include the warm up, and stretch and it sounds like a killer workout!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.